DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using my phone with my mavic pro advice please

I_Chill_in_Amsterdam

Reactions
Hello lads

I am about to purchase my Mavic

I have a noob question. Of course i will be using the Mavic with my mobile phone (Samsung s5)

My question is do i need to be taking out my sim before i fly to avoid incoming call/text/whatapps/emails/ messing with my signal, Not certain how it all works to be honest

In my defense i did state i have a noob question please do not scold me with flames :eek:

I am thinking maybe put phone in airplane mode? Do i turn my phone wifi off? phone gps off? Blueteeth off?

No need to take the sim out. I fly with a Samsung S7 edge and an S8 with no issues. If a call comes in just cancel it - you might want to disable notifications as well whilst flying (from the Samsung settings menu)

Just click "Do not disturb" on the drop down menu at the top. This should maintain your data connection, which you'll need for the map. I don't think the map would update in Airplane mode.

Ah OK do not disturb sound's like a good call. Don't really want to spoil my free time by taking calls when I'm out trying to ejoy myself. Mobile phone have taken over my world. Part and parcel of my new hobby will be to become free for a while

And yes the data will still be enabled.

Good shout

Guys just wanted to ask.

I know my mavic will record footage via the sd card inserted into it. I want to ask. How can I have my phone record the footage also? Is that possible?

Ah OK do not disturb sound's like a good call. Don't really want to spoil my free time by taking calls when I'm out trying to ejoy myself. Mobile phone have taken over my world. Part and parcel of my new hobby will be to become free for a while

And yes the data will still be enabled.

Good shout

Just a word of caution. I use an iPhone with my Mavic. The rule with Do Not Disturb is something like, if a number in your contacts tries to phone twice within a certain time, it will let the second call through. I think you can set it so it doesn't do that. I don't know if a similar rule exists in Android.

Got my mavic today. I only got out for 15 minutes due to weather today. But what a great 15 minutes!!

Question the mavic come with a 16gig sd card. But it appears to not have recorded my flight. Is this something I should have enabled?

My phone recorded some of my flight to it (s5) was hoping for footage of the mavic

The sd out of mavic appears to have recorded nothing

Any help?

I'll ask the obvious question, and make a fool of myself. Did you press record?

Lol. On the contrary I appear to have asked the question and made a fool of myself! You have enlightened me.

Is there option to set it to auto record without having to ask me?

I don't think so. There's a record button in the app, and another on the DJI remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851