DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

using the DJI flight simulator for the Mavic with an iPad 4 and airplay

James Perkins

Reactions
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.17.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.19.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.24.40 PM.png The flight simulator is great to practice with a real link to the aircraft. It provides true flight characteristics ..It will simultaneously airplay on Apple TV. go in to the DJI Mavic. page in Academy find Simulator when connected to the aircraft. Very safe way to learn to fly and use some of the intelligent flight modes.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum James . :)

Reactions: Mr G
I live near the Stuart Florida Airport within 5 miles. When I start the simulator with my Mavic Pro it indicates I am in a NFZ. Can I still takeoff and not worry about any repercussions from the FAA or tower? If I have my props off I don't see how this could be a problem. Really like the idea posted above about using airplay to practice. Let me know if it is safe to use even with all the warning that I have to confirm before simulator takeoff?

I think the simulator it's kind of boring after 3 minutes. And you should be able to use it without having to turn the Mavic on, just the controller.
No you are unfortunately wrong. The Mavic does have to be turned on to run the simulator.

No you are unfortunately wrong. The Mavic does have to be turned on to run the simulator.

Yes, I know. What I meant is that DJI should allow you to use the simulator without having to turn the aircraft on. Sorry, english is not my native language and sometimes I might not express myself very well.

Still about the simulator, I think it is a usefull learning tool, but is too limited. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent