DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the iPad is your screen

Mikeg

Reactions
I find no problem putting my iPadAir 2 lengthways (portrait mode) onto my controller which seems to hold it very firmly. The only problem is that you have to use the iPad sideways (landscape mode) and operate your controller with one hand , trickier, Not ideal but feasible. It's a pity the DJ I don't allow the iPad to be used in portrait mode using The bottom half of the screen for additional information and maybe leaving the main screen for image only. There is so much more"Real state" on the iPad – much more than the iPad mini or iPhone 7+

Reactions: Logger
I use Air2 for my P4, but I find my Mini2 to works pretty good for the Mavic. It's quite nice actually. The only downside is the inability to use a hood on the mini2 in bright sun. I'm sure someone is going to come up with a solution, mounting in a different way, instead of using the stock side clamp slots.

I use Air2 for my P4, but I find my Mini2 to works pretty good for the Mavic. It's quite nice actually. The only downside is the inability to use a hood on the mini2 in bright sun. I'm sure someone is going to come up with a solution, mounting in a different way, instead of using the stock side clamp slots.

I also use my mini iPad but I thought it would be nice to be able to use my iPad Air 2 and that with all this extra real estate DJI could really organise the screen well for us– Are you listening DJI. For example everything currently shown in the LCD controller and turn the metrics on the screen could be displayed in the bottom half of the iPad Air display whilst the top Half/2/3 could be used to show the video image. Maybe litchi or some other third party Will pick this up. No harm in wishing!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I find no problem putting my iPadAir 2 lengthways (portrait mode) onto my controller which seems to hold it very firmly. The only problem is that you have to use the iPad sideways (landscape mode) and operate your controller with one hand , trickier, Not ideal but feasible. It's a pity the DJ I don't allow the iPad to be used in portrait mode using The bottom half of the screen for additional information and maybe leaving the main screen for image only. There is so much more"Real state" on the iPad – much more than the iPad mini or iPhone 7+

Buy a MavMount or something similar. Here is my setup with iPad Air. I love it.

9273cedaadf084028c12f7cf390c027a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: F6Rider and Fplvert
I have the same setup with the Air2 and I think its great, nothing on that small controller screen that isn't on the iPad, except RPM and I never pay any attention to that in any case. I added a small key ring to the ball neck (just unscrew the tension nut) to snap a neck strap to for added support. As the mount stores on the controller and there is a pouch in my sling bag for the iPad and sunshade I don't have any problem taking everything along.

Can someone using the mavmount with the iPad air confirm that a 1 ft. lightning cable is long enough?

I use the official DJI hood which slips over the antennae. Works fine for my Ipad Mini 4, which is mounted in the standard mount arms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada