DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UV Filter

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Hey all

Because of bright sunlight (I am in Africa) I bought a UV filter for my MP.
But now I have an alignment issue with the gimbal.
I also have updated the firmware yesterday so I don't know if it relates.
Anyway, I have calibrated the gimbal two times now.
When I align manual, it works actually nice (pictures seems better) but when I restart the MP, it is off-line again.
I took the filter off and it is OK again.
Any of you have the same issue??

Hey all

Because of bright sunlight (I am in Africa) I bought a UV filter for my MP.
But now I have an alignment issue with the gimbal.
I also have updated the firmware yesterday so I don't know if it relates.
Anyway, I have calibrated the gimbal two times now.
When I align manual, it works actually nice (pictures seems better) but when I restart the MP, it is off-line again.
I took the filter off and it is OK again.
Any of you have the same issue??

I would just leave the UV filter off. To my knowledge, it doesn't do anything to help images against bright sunlight. Maybe what you really want is an ND filter.

In the old days of film, lots more people used UV filters because film was much more sensitive to UV than modern electronic imaging sensors and atmospheric UV rays could haze the film images. But nowadays when photographers use UV filters, it's usually just to protect the surface of their lens from getting dust or scratches and nothing to do with reducing UV.

I just noticed today that when the gimbal aligns itself at the startup, the lens blocks movement. Not good.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I know it's a faff, but you need to let it do the power on gimbal test, then fit your filter. This needs to be done every time if the filter obstructs the initialisation. There are some filters which don't foul the gimbal movement, but as you've already got one that does you'll have this extra task.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123