DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vancouver, Canada checking in

Canuckoholic

Reactions
Vancouver, Canada checking in!

Had a crash yesterday after my second flight. It was a bit windy but my Mavic literally went up and flew itself into an apartment. I couldn't control it or anything. Sad day. Broke a couple wings but overall the body is fine. It makes a slight buzzing noise coming from the bottom of the body. Not sure what to do ...

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Canuckoholic
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Vancouver, Canada checking in!

Had a crash yesterday after my second flight. It was a bit windy but my Mavic literally went up and flew itself into an apartment. I couldn't control it or anything. Sad day. Broke a couple wings but overall the body is fine. It makes a slight buzzing noise coming from the bottom of the body. Not sure what to do ...
Howdy from Wyoming Canuckoholic, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Can you be more specific regarding the buzzing noise, does it sound like a stuck fan?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post

Welcome to the group! I'm sorry about your crash, happens to the best of us.

Hi Wyoming! The sound is likened to a car with rocks stuck in its tire threads and moving at a fast pace. I also just found out I can view my flight records if that helps explain why it shot up to 6-7 stories then turned and smashed into an apartment at least 3 metres away from where it ascended..
Screenshot_20170621-105533.png Screenshot_20170621-105538.png Screenshot_20170621-105549.png

Oh no. Should I fly or do I need to send it in already? I did purchase the DJI Care Refresh insurance... a friend of mine just told me that since we are in Canada the process seems to be taking exceptionally long. Bought the Mavic for a camping trip in two weeks :(

Oh no. Should I fly or do I need to send it in already? I did purchase the DJI Care Refresh insurance... a friend of mine just told me that since we are in Canada the process seems to be taking exceptionally long. Bought the Mavic for a camping trip in two weeks :(
You would have to figure that out for yourself, if it flies and works you may be good, the ultrasonic sensors on the bottom also make clicking noises could that be it? Does the cooling fan kick in after a minute or three?

Just out of curiosity, what was your return to home height set to?
That is my thought, the drone went into a NFZ and climbed to RTH and hit the building at that time.

Home height was set to 30 I believe. I'm going through the settings now and it says zero.. not sure if it wasn't set or got reset. Also, I'm trying to turn on obstacle avoidance as well as beginner mode to try to test fly it now but it won't let me scroll right to initiate them.

Bunny, sounds on point. I didn't even know there's NFZ's.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007