DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very.co.uk orders - UK

Ha, I panicked when I saw this that the dates had slipped back that far. Not yet anyway!!

Huh? I was making a silly joke about waiting on a fourth battery and just saying I hope the fourth comes tied in with a Star Wars joke ;)

Very gave me tracking number yesterday. Low and behold Yodel website doesn't recognise it!

Anyone else spoken to them recently?

• Mavic Only or Combo and any extras? Mavic only
  • Date/Time of purchase? 1st Nov
  • Estimated Delivery date? 17th Nov, now 16th Jan
  • Delivered or Not? Not!

Very gave me tracking number yesterday. Low and behold Yodel website doesn't recognise it!

Anyone else spoken to them recently?

Had a tracking number for a long time now, works but has said delayed ever since I've had it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have decided to cancel mine if it doesn't come Monday. I just won't have enough time to learn how to fly the thing properly before I go skiing. I don't want to fly it off a mountain without having had some good practice and a good understanding of how to use it. Shame

Yep, it was a waste of mine and Owen's time.

info: Thank you for choosing Very, an adviser will be with you shortly.
info: You are now chatting with 'Owen'
info: ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Owen: Hello, you're chatting with Owen, one of Very's online customer service experts, how may I help you today?
Robert: i HAVE A DELIVERY DUE mONDAY, ORDERED THE 5 nOV AND DELAYED SINCE 17 nOV.
Owen: Good evening Robert, I hope you are well.
Robert: I'd like some comfort it's arriving without you reading the 'my account' status back to me.
Robert: Delivery information is updated the day before, without fail, to tell me it's arriving on the 16th.
Owen: Thank you for letting me know, I am sorry to hear about the delay with this order. I would be happy to check on that for you.
Owen: I will just send you a secure form to access your account and take a look.
Robert: Will you simply be accessing the 'my acount' section?
Owen: I will be accessing your account on my system so I can check that order for you. It would be different to what you see when you log in and can raise that to be investigated if nothing has updated.
Robert: ...or do you have specific information of the order from the supplier?
Robert: Order ref. *****875
Owen: Was this the order for the Mavic Fly More Combo item?
Robert: Yes.
Owen: Thank you for confirming, I can see the expected delivery date is showing as for ***** for you so should be with you by then, the tracking has not updated since it was processed at the supplier but should update closer to that delivery date for you.
Robert: What will happen is it will not arrive on the 16th, and an update will be provided then.
Robert: This happened on the 17 Nov and like then, I will waste an another day waiting for a high value item to arrive
Robert: What I can't fathom is why Very.co.uk can't investigate the status of this order in advance.
Owen: If you have had no updates on the tracking at all through the My Account page and the item is still not with you by the 16th January please get back in touch with ourselves we can raise an investigation with our Trace team to contact the supplier and confirm what is causing the delay.
Robert: Whilst I appreciate your intent that is, once again of no help whatsoever.
Robert: Is this arriving directly from your supplier?
Robert: As it's arriving on the 16th would you expect me to have had tracking information by now?
Owen: I understand, it would be passed over to our courier who are Yodel then they will be delivering that parcel for you.
Robert: That is either tomorrow or Monday.
Robert: So by now it should have arrived with Very?
Owen: We would have expected more tracking information on this order, however as it was delayed initially and a new expected date given there should be more information closer to that delivery date.
Robert: Closer than the 12th to 16th?
Robert: Two working days before?
Owen: So it would be processed at the supplier then sent out to Yodel ready for delivery.
Robert: So it could be on its way to Yodel now?
Owen: We do deliver on a Saturday of course as well so if the item was to be passed over to the courier for Monday delivery this would usually happen on the Saturday.
Robert: Given that it's coming from outside the UK would Very expect to be notified that it has been despatched to Yodel?
Robert: To achieve a Monday 16 Jan delivery that should have happened by now, I guess?
Owen: We would have that tracking information available yes when the order had been passed over to Yodel for delivery.
Robert: So it's not been dispatched from DJI to Yodel yet?
Robert: Can you imagine my frustration?
Robert: Not so much with the lack of product but the lack of any information as to likelyhood of delivery?
Owen: I can imagine the frustration of course Robert, I am sorry about this delay with the delivery.
Robert: Owen, help me, what do I need to do to escalate this problem so that it can be investigated tomorrow?
Owen: What I can do is pass that through to our Trace team for you now to contact the supplier and see if they can get any information for you, they should then have an update for you within 24-48 hours.
Robert: Okay Owen, thank you. How will they contact me?
Robert: And will they definitely contact me within 48hrs at the latest?
Owen: Yes it would be within 24-48 hours that our Trace team would be in touch, how would you prefer to be contacted?
Robert: Email please Owen.
Robert: One last question, is their a risk this order won't be fulfilled, is that a regular occurrence with Very, Owen?
Robert: Hello Owen, have I 'droned' on too long, have I lost you?
Owen: We will aim to get this order to you of course Robert, sorry about the delay I was passing on that message to our Trace team for you.
Robert: Righto, okay, thanks for your time Owen.
Owen: As you can imagine we do take a substantial amount of orders daily that are sent out and do aim to get them all to you as soon as possible, if there are ever any issues such as these this is where our Trace team would step in to investigate.
Robert: Okay, I'll await the trace team response.
Owen: Great, they will be in touch with you within 24-48 hours.
Robert: Okay, thank you. Take care and goodbye
Owen: My pleasure, well I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and have a nice night. Take care.

Trace team were due to contact me within 48 hours of the 17th Nov, they didn't even make 48 days. I will let you know next Autumn if they hit that 48 week sweet spot!

There is absolutely no chance of these drones coming. The delivery data updating every day is a joke.

Trace team we're also suppose to contact me as well, never happened. Loving the conversation you had with them though, I couldn't be bothered to go that far, haha.

Reactions: willhay555
Trace team were due to contact me within 48 hours of the 17th Nov, they didn't even make 48 days. I will let you know next Autumn if they hit that 48 week sweet spot!

There is absolutely no chance of these drones coming. The delivery data updating every day is a joke.

I agree, and I'm still amazed one guy said he got his in Dec from Very.

• Mavic Only or Combo and any extras? - Combo
  • Date/Time of purchase? - 04/11/2016
  • Estimated Delivery date? - 16/01/2107
  • Delivered or Not? - No
BUT
My Visa card was charged the full £1249 +£3.50 postage on 15/12/16 and the status changed to "Dispatched". The money was taken and clearly nothing was dispatched. I was given a Yodel tracking number in Nov, which doesn't work.
Have others here also had the payment taken?

• Delivered or Not? - No
BUT
My Visa card was charged the full £1249 +£3.50 postage on 15/12/16 and the status changed to "Dispatched". The money was taken and clearly nothing was dispatched. I was given a Yodel tracking number in Nov, which doesn't work.

I'd be very annoyed if this was me.

• Delivered or Not? - No
BUT

No Payment taken, but they are expecting the first payment from me on the 27th. Ofcourse, I wont be paying a penny if I have not received the Mavic.

upload_2017-1-13_10-3-18.png

So I have just been on the phone to Data Select, Very.co.uk's supplier of DJI products and have the news that we all knew/feared. They have no Mavics for delivery on Monday and no clear idea of when DJI will be able to supply them. The guy on the phone was as helpful as you can be without any information. He told me that he is meeting with very's tech ordering dept on Wednesday so we might expect an update around then but he didn't think he'd have any news for them. The shift of date from Nov to January 16th was just a random, two-month bump from the initial date to take it past Xmas so as not to disappoint people who relied on them for presents (ha!). Overall, expect nothing on Monday and then your estimated delivery to disappear someone into the future!

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news!!!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom