DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very.co.uk orders - UK

So I have just been on the phone to Data Select, Very.co.uk's supplier of DJI products and have the news that we all knew/feared. They have no Mavics for delivery on Monday and no clear idea of when DJI will be able to supply them. The guy on the phone was as helpful as you can be without any information. He told me that he is meeting with very's tech ordering dept on Wednesday so we might expect an update around then but he didn't think he'd have any news for them. The shift of date from Nov to January 16th was just a random, two-month bump from the initial date to take it past Xmas so as not to disappoint people who relied on them for presents (ha!). Overall, expect nothing on Monday and then your estimated delivery to disappear someone into the future!

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news!!!
Thanks for this info, so glad someone actually got realistic information from them. Will be interesting to see what they have to say next week. I wonder why they haven't received hardly any, especially when other, some what smaller, suppliers are now getting decent numbers of stock, maybe they didn't push dji hard enough!

So I have just been on the phone to Data Select, Very.co.uk's supplier of DJI products and have the news that we all knew/feared. They have no Mavics for delivery on Monday and no clear idea of when DJI will be able to supply them. The guy on the phone was as helpful as you can be without any information. He told me that he is meeting with very's tech ordering dept on Wednesday so we might expect an update around then but he didn't think he'd have any news for them. The shift of date from Nov to January 16th was just a random, two-month bump from the initial date to take it past Xmas so as not to disappoint people who relied on them for presents (ha!). Overall, expect nothing on Monday and then your estimated delivery to disappear someone into the future!

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news!!!

Well at least we know now. Give them to the end of January then that's me done with them.

Thanks for ringing.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

And yet I spoke to VERY this afternoon and got a very different story - Not that I believed her, but she was very confident we would get them, even when I mentioned the tracking number she gave is invalid on the yodel site, she went away, checked (apparently) and re-affirmed they will be here Monday.

I don't get why they would knowingly lead us on. Lots of us have a 20% discount, which means they arent making as much, why not just tell us they wont be here and get us to cancel. Weird way to run a company.

And yet I spoke to VERY this afternoon and got a very different story - Not that I believed her, but she was very confident we would get them, even when I mentioned the tracking number she gave is invalid on the yodel site, she went away, checked (apparently) and re-affirmed they will be here Monday.

I don't get why they would knowingly lead us on. Lots of us have a 20% discount, which means they arent making as much, why not just tell us they wont be here and get us to cancel. Weird way to run a company.
The online assistants are useless and not worth speaking to, not necessarily their own fault, but they don't get given the information they should to give good customer service, they just read out what you already know on your account page. Because very use an external supplier (stated above) it would seem as though they can't get any stock information or anything else from them what so ever.

The guy from Data Select was very knowledgeable about the situation and was able to check my order from their end. He discussed my order as if it was with them (not Very) and I got the impression he was the one who phones DJI... to get nowhere. I didn't have to mention the Mavic - he knew where the conversation was going from the outset.

I think Yodel will be the carriers for our Mavics (if they ever come) and they prepare the tracking numbers in advance so your lady at Very will have seen the number exists and assumed that the stock to fulfil it also exists. Sadly not. :(

The guy from Data Select was very knowledgeable about the situation and was able to check my order from their end. He discussed my order as if it was with them (not Very) and I got the impression he was the one who phones DJI... to get nowhere. I didn't have to mention the Mavic - he knew where the conversation was going from the outset.

I think Yodel will be the carriers for our Mavics (if they ever come) and they prepare the tracking numbers in advance so your lady at Very will have seen the number exists and assumed that the stock to fulfil it also exists. Sadly not. :(

Do you know who you talked to and what was their number? Might give them a little ring myself to see if there is an update on my order. I must be somewhere near the front on the queue, if there is a queue. I ordered the day they went on sale on Very and pretty early in the morning.

Just trying to get an idea if I should cancel and go direct or with DigitalRev.

Do you know who you talked to and what was their number? Might give them a little ring myself to see if there is an update on my order. I must be somewhere near the front on the queue, if there is a queue. I ordered the day they went on sale on Very and pretty early in the morning.

Just trying to get an idea if I should cancel and go direct or with DigitalRev.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure who it was. He was possibly called Neil but I didn't quite catch it. I rang the general number from their website (spoke to Charlie) who put me through to 'Neil' who clearly dealt with Very. If you get him, he is clued in and helpful. Good luck.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure who it was. He was possibly called Neil but I didn't quite catch it. I rang the general number from their website (spoke to Charlie) who put me through to 'Neil' who clearly dealt with Very. If you get him, he is clued in and helpful. Good luck.

Cheers, I'll give them a ring on Monday. Guessing you just asked to be put through to the person/department that deals with DJI products for Very?

So tomorrow is delivery day for most, but obviously doesn't look like it's going to happen.

What's everyone think the new delivery date will be, I'm gonna go for 20th March.

+1 for the 15th March. 2 month bump for sure. If it bumps I'm gonna cancel.
Digitalrevs still have stock so depending on my DJI order that's always an option.
They have 24hr delivery as they have stock in hand.

Reactions: malcolmhire
Well, today is the day. Everyone looking for the delivery van ? :D:D:D:D

28delivery1712a.jpg

Wishful thinking....if it turns up on my door today I'll give it away for free to someone on here. That's how much I trust it won't turn up :p

Yeh depending on my DJI order that's my next stop. But then DR will be out of stock and I'll be back to square one!
Although with the weather right now I can't fly anyway :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair