DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very.co.uk orders - UK

Mine went from 17th Jan to 7th feb
Yours went from 16th Jan to 6th feb

Something smells VERY funny!!!

Same date on mine now. Cancelling. No point waiting when DJI offer shipping in a week. You could order now and still get it before very pushed your delivery date back to 2018...

You're wasting your time waiting now.

My order was due for delivery 16 Jan 2017, updated 15 Jan 2017

Now it's...

Due for delivery 6 Feb 2017, updated 15 Jan 2017.

So they went back in time and updated the ETA.

I've had enough of Very's incompetence and DJI's contempt.

I've folded and ordered the fly less from digital rev.

If the Very order comes in I'll simply sell it.
I've already paid for the bleeding thing.

Those of you who have not cancelled the VERY order and are due to make a payment soon. How are you going to proceed ?

I have tried calling them to get them to change the payment due date as the item hasnt arrived, but they wont. They said "dont pay it and we will just put a note on the account, if you get a interest charge we will refund you...". Hmm,, well thats Ok, but if they dont get payment you could get a credit strike against you.

On the other hand, their Customer Service is so very bad and I mean getting on for the worst I have come across, I would be very surprised if getting your money back, if the Mavic never materializes, would be anything other than a major mission with them.

Those of you who have not cancelled the VERY order and are due to make a payment soon. How are you going to proceed ?

I have tried calling them to get them to change the payment due date as the item hasnt arrived, but they wont. They said "dont pay it and we will just put a note on the account, if you get a interest charge we will refund you...". Hmm,, well thats Ok, but if they dont get payment you could get a credit strike against you.

On the other hand, their Customer Service is so very bad and I mean getting on for the worst I have come across, I would be very surprised if getting your money back, if the Mavic never materializes, would be anything other than a major mission with them.
Ive been thinking about this too, i want a mavic from them for £799 but if they never actually materialise and I try to get a refund is it going to be a nightmare?! I could see Very slapping you with a credit note as the "service" you are paying for will be over 30 days old! I wouldnt put it past them. Or failing that they will ship one when the new mavic has just been anounced lol

I have to say that I have been a VERY customer for about 5 years. I have had 3 Xperia phones from them in that time, a washing machine, Samsung Gear S3, Xperia Tablet Compact, and a couple of digital camera's usually on BNPL, always paying it off before I incurred interest - all delivered on time. The saga involving the Mavic is the 1st time I have had an issue with them.

Very has a catalogue of 10's of thousands of items, the Mavic is just one of those products and gets no more attention than any others. Had DJI been able to produce Mavics in normal volumes from the outset (as opposed to announcing a product before it was ready), we would not be having these issues. Very ain't geared up to cope with sub-par vendors, and certainly don't have folks ready to chase suppliers when one of their offered products never materialises from its supplier.

I blame DJI 60% and Very 40% for the whole saga myself, and as I say in 5 years of being a very customer, this is the 1st issue I have had...

Nigel

I have to say that I have been a VERY customer for about 5 years. I have had 3 Xperia phones from them in that time, a washing machine, Samsung Gear S3, Xperia Tablet Compact, and a couple of digital camera's usually on BNPL, always paying it off before I incurred interest - all delivered on time. The saga involving the Mavic is the 1st time I have had an issue with them.

Very has a catalogue of 10's of thousands of items, the Mavic is just one of those products and gets no more attention than any others. Had DJI been able to produce Mavics in normal volumes from the outset (as opposed to announcing a product before it was ready), we would not be having these issues. Very ain't geared up to cope with sub-par vendors, and certainly don't have folks ready to chase suppliers when one of their offered products never materialises from its supplier.

I blame DJI 60% and Very 40% for the whole saga myself, and as I say in 5 years of being a very customer, this is the 1st issue I have had...

Nigel

I agree, I've bought many things from Very in the past mainly because my mother used to work for them and I got 50% off all clothing (ahhh the days when I used to get Predator Football Boots for £50, I miss those days). But also have bought plenty of electrical items (GoPro, PS4, Sonos) from them and they have been spot on, delivered within a couple of days.

I agree with the above posts about Very - I think the whole DJI handling of the Mavic launch has made us sceptical of every company but Very just aren't set up to deal with problems in the supply chain.

My order is still due to arrive yesterday! Anyone else not had an updated delivery date?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I agree with the above posts about Very - I think the whole DJI handling of the Mavic launch has made us sceptical of every company but Very just aren't set up to deal with problems in the supply chain.

My order is still due to arrive yesterday! Anyone else not had an updated delivery date?

Mine has jumped to the 5th February and received a text message to say it wasn't delivered yesterday....

Reactions: tgden
I'm pretty sure this is not Very's fault. Other than their procurement team probably not being able to secure a delivery from DJI like most other third parties have found I think it's just one of those where they've jumped on a product as soon as it's released and not anticipated the delays from the manufacturer.
I doubt there's anything Very can actually do if DJI simply wont supply them with their required units. Either that or what ever third-party they're using to get the units from DJI are in the same position.
Like the guys above, I've had loads of purchases from Very and to be honest this hasn't actually put me off buying from them again. Just put me off buying a release day product like a drone from them.

I'm pretty sure this is not Very's fault. Other than their procurement team probably not being able to secure a delivery from DJI like most other third parties have found I think it's just one of those where they've jumped on a product as soon as it's released and not anticipated the delays from the manufacturer.
I doubt there's anything Very can actually do if DJI simply wont supply them with their required units. Either that or what ever third-party they're using to get the units from DJI are in the same position.
Like the guys above, I've had loads of purchases from Very and to be honest this hasn't actually put me off buying from them again. Just put me off buying a release day product like a drone from them.

To be clear, I was not too concerned about it not arriving yet, neither the fact two days have gone where they "promised" it would arrive. I think we all knew those dates were "very" optimistic.

What I am more unhappy about is being asked to pay for something that hasn't arrived, or I will be charged interest and possibly get a credit rating strike. I am sure VERY could push the paid date into the future to avoid this, but they seem to have no interest in doing this at all. I have already been told two thing by two separate people, one saying I don't need to pay it and wont get charged, then an email saying I will get an interest charge if I don't pay.

To add..

Have managed to speak to DataSelect and they do supply VERY with the DJI mavic. But, they have no idea at all when they are expecting a batch delivery from DJI. So, the pushing forward of our delivery dates by two weeks this time, seems just as optimistic as the previous from VERY.

Reactions: willhay555

Mine is still set with a delivery of the 16th, tempted ring them but think it will be a waste of time.

To be clear, I was not too concerned about it not arriving yet, neither the fact two days have gone where they "promised" it would arrive. I think we all knew those dates were "very" optimistic.

What I am more unhappy about is being asked to pay for something that hasn't arrived, or I will be charged interest and possibly get a credit rating strike. I am sure VERY could push the paid date into the future to avoid this, but they seem to have no interest in doing this at all. I have already been told two thing by two separate people, one saying I don't need to pay it and wont get charged, then an email saying I will get an interest charge if I don't pay.

I fully agree you shouldn't be charged until they know they have stock available to you. I queried this when I ordered as I just put it onto my account and didn't pay anything, they said that your 12 months free period starts from the date of purchase not from the date of receiving the goods which is pretty much the same thing. I could be waiting 12 months to receive the item but have had to pay for it in the mean time.
Charging customers for goods they probably know they cannot provide just isn't good practice. I think it's just the normal thing they do, since they probably don't have many items on the site that are in such high demand that they're unable to actually get them from a supplier to provide to the end user.

I've cancelled now anyway, I got an automated response saying that it's been cancelled but they have to confirm with the supplier to ensure it's properly cancelled and should I receive it in the time it takes them to process the cancellation then I am within my rights to refuse delivery and it will not count against me. If it was to turn up I'd probably just stand there in amazement at the front door...
Hopefully anyone who still has their order with Very do eventually get them, just don't hold your breath!

Reactions: karlak
Wow, I can't believe this whole mess is still going on!

I think you will eventually get them, they'll have to honour the orders, but the dates they give you mean absolutely zilch I'm afraid. If you're prepared to wait indefinitely for one then go for it, but you'll never get an accurate answer from Very as they're utterly clueless about the whole delay fiasco.

If you see a decent deal anywhere else I'd cut your losses and order from somewhere else.

• Mavic Only or Combo and any extras? - Mavic only
  • Date/Time of purchase? - 26/10/2016
  • Estimated Delivery date? - 16/01/2107
  • Delivered or Not? - Yes, on the 1st of December

Second order

• Mavic Only or Combo and any extras? - Fly more combo
  • Date/Time of purchase? - 04/11/2016
  • Estimated Delivery date? - 16/01/2107
  • Delivered or Not? - No, now showing 6th February 2017

As I wanted the fly more accessories and along with the Very 10% back offer I decided to keep my order and when it arrives sell the bare Mavic and keep the accessories.

But now the mavic is becoming readily available I'm wondering if I'll even make £1000 selling the mavic! I may just cancel the fly more order and buy the accessories I want individually. It'll cost me a fair bit more doing it that way though!

Confused.com!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake