DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very thankful to the person that figured this out

CCDD

Reactions
Although most of us already know by now that an iPad Mini will fit the stock Mavic remote without any modification whatsoever, it has truly made flying this great quad that much more enjoyable. Thanks to those that pointed out this very important feature, something DJI failed to inform us of.
IMG_3498.JPG IMG_3499.JPG

I haven't had any issues with that, thanks for the heads up.

Yea, I use the mini ipad2 also. No issue with it pushing the mp into sport mode.

Reactions: jointeffort
There has been a slight redesign of the arms at some point - or rather there are slightly different versions.
Mine won't touch the sport mode button no matter how far up you push it but some are able to nudge it and owners have filed away a bit of the plastic to stop it..

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
I use a 7" Asus tablet, and other then it being a little thick when inserting it has work perfect... Video at start-up sometime requires me to switch to portrait mode and back before flying but never an issue when flying. Not bad for a free tablet when adding the access to my ATT account - double bonus is the USB is offset so my whole hand can hold the controller without bumping the cable.

Reactions: The Flying Geko
There has been a slight redesign of the arms at some point - or rather there are slightly different versions.
Mine won't touch the sport mode button no matter how far up you push it but some are able to nudge it and owners have filed away a bit of the plastic to stop it..
I've got the same as you, can't get my nvidia to fit but have seen others do it :(

I just read this and checked my controller and sure enough, the switch was on sport. I had been showing some people the drone and controller and pushing out the holders moved the switch. I would not have checked unless I had read this. I put a small piece of painters tape over it as do not plan on using sport for sometime. THANKS

If you look at the second photo, you'll see a selection in camera settings for Portrait Capture.

OK, thanks I get it. Wish they would make the ipad app work in portrait even if the camera is in landscape mode. Would be great with half screen camera and other half map or controls.

IMG_0565.JPG IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0563.JPG My ipad mini4 would not fit well, arms just wouldn't open out enough. I cut a 5mm or so bit off the end of each arm where it presses against the controller, doesnt make any structural or functional difference, but now the arms open way out, the mini fits perfectly and snug. Needs a longer USB to lightening plug to reach, but comfortable in the hands and more practical option if you are using your screen for active plotting of waypoints etc.

IMG_0564.JPG

View attachment 4680 View attachment 4681 View attachment 4679 My ipad mini4 would not fit well, arms just wouldn't open out enough. I cut a 5mm or so bit off the end of each arm where it presses against the controller, doesnt make any structural or functional difference, but now the arms open way out, the mini fits perfectly and snug. Needs a longer USB to lightening plug to reach, but comfortable in the hands and more practical option if you are using your screen for active plotting of waypoints etc.

View attachment 4681
That cable looks uncomfortable with it sticking out too far on lightning end. Check out this one that I bought online, actually, two of them. Short, dual right angle lightning USB cable / DJI MAVIC PRO DRONE / iPAD | eBay
IMG_3498.JPG

I use a 7" Asus tablet, and other then it being a little thick when inserting it has work perfect... Video at start-up sometime requires me to switch to portrait mode and back before flying but never an issue when flying. Not bad for a free tablet when adding the access to my ATT account - double bonus is the USB is offset so my whole hand can hold the controller without bumping the cable.

Hi!
I was thinking to get also an Asus 7" for me, but I was wondering if the screen/video quality would be good enough in flight. I mean, is it powerfull enough to fly without any video transmission glitches betwwen the drone and the tablet?
I'm asking because I'm actually using a LG 3 android phone with my Mavic, and I get a lot of freezes and artifacts on my screen when trying to shoot images. So as it's an "ancient" phone as far as actual ones are concerned, I was wondering if an "ancient" tablet like this Asus 7" would be fast enough to sustain a good video transmision from the Mavic.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929