DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very thankful to the person that figured this out

I used an Asus Nexus 7 2013 and it was working just fine. There is a bit of rendering issue a few seconds after initial connection. Functions perfectly afterwards. However, I have upgraded to an iPad mini 4 and made the Asus Nexus 7 as back up. The iPad mini 4 works flawlessly.

Reactions: The Flying Geko
I used an Asus Nexus 7 2013 and it was working just fine. There is a bit of rendering issue a few seconds after initial connection. Functions perfectly afterwards. However, I have upgraded to an iPad mini 4 and made the Asus Nexus 7 as back up. The iPad mini 4 works flawlessly.

Thanks for this precision. Now, with your new iPad, do you get a real difference as far as the drone image quality/transmission, on screen, is concerned (from the Asus)?

Thanks for this precision. Now, with your new iPad, do you get a real difference as far as the drone image quality/transmission, on screen, is concerned (from the Asus)?
In regards to hardware, I can tell that the iPad mini 4 is faster. In regards to software, main reason I got an IOS device is that the DJI GO 4 app is more optimized compared to the android counterpart. Overall, I choose the iPad mini 4 over the Asus Nexus 7 2013. Don't get me wrong, I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge as my phone. So I'm not talking about fanboy-ism here.

In regards to hardware, I can tell that the iPad mini 4 is faster. In regards to software, main reason I got an IOS device is that the DJI GO 4 app is more optimized compared to the android counterpart. Overall, I choose the iPad mini 4 over the Asus Nexus 7 2013. Don't get me wrong, I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge as my phone. So I'm not talking about fanboy-ism here.

Thanks for your answer Daskid.
I wasn't thinking about that anyway... After all, people are free to like what they want, no problem with me. :)

I'm interested in the differences, the fonctionalities, in regards with flying a MAVIC.
I looked this ASUS 7" because indeed it's cheap and because the specs are not that bad, me think, for a use *only* with the DJI app.
But I also saw that DJI had its app more optimized (as they say, at least) with Apple gears. I love Apple, I'm a Mac person myself, but their iPads I don't need especially, so going to shell out a lot more for an iPad Mini is something I would only consider *if* there's a real advantage with the Mavic. Hence my interrogations here.
So, when you say it's more optimized, as far as the flight is concerned (and only in that matter) what is really better with the iPad and is it worth the difference of price would you say?

I would like to hear what other android tablets are working with the Mavic. So far I have tried three with no success. My Note3 phone works flawlessly and the Note3 is far from new. I want to come upto a 7 or 8inch tablet but can't get any to connect.

I would like hear if any Android tablets other then the Asus Nexus are working with your Mavics? I have tried three tablets all of them fail to connect. My almost ancient Note3 works great with it. Is anybody having any luck with android tablets of any size? Need to get a tablet up and running with my Mavic, but don't have anything Apple or want to start figuring IOS out.

Thanks for your answer Daskid.
I wasn't thinking about that anyway... After all, people are free to like what they want, no problem with me. :)

I'm interested in the differences, the fonctionalities, in regards with flying a MAVIC.
I looked this ASUS 7" because indeed it's cheap and because the specs are not that bad, me think, for a use *only* with the DJI app.
But I also saw that DJI had its app more optimized (as they say, at least) with Apple gears. I love Apple, I'm a Mac person myself, but their iPads I don't need especially, so going to shell out a lot more for an iPad Mini is something I would only consider *if* there's a real advantage with the Mavic. Hence my interrogations here.
So, when you say it's more optimized, as far as the flight is concerned (and only in that matter) what is really better with the iPad and is it worth the difference of price would you say?

If I had to purchase the iPad Mini 4 at full price, I'd probably stick with the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 works as intended. Just not as refined as the iPad Mini 4. If you want to hear my honest opinion, I would stick with the Nexus 7 and not get the iPad Mini 4. Unless, your Nexus 7 constantly crashes, as other android users on here have reported.

I would like hear if any Android tablets other then the Asus Nexus are working with your Mavics? I have tried three tablets all of them fail to connect. My almost ancient Note3 works great with it. Is anybody having any luck with android tablets of any size? Need to get a tablet up and running with my Mavic, but don't have anything Apple or want to start figuring IOS out.

Please, can you tell us what where the 3 tablets you used that had connecting problems?
Could be helpful. Thanks!

I used ipad mini 4. And ipad air both disconnected

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks for your precision!
It's strange though because there are so many people using iPad Mini 4 with their Mavic with no problems. I wonder why there are so many differences between users with the same equipments.

I never had an issue with my iPad mini 4. *knocks on wood*

I'm using the Kanex 8" MFI certified lightning cable if the matters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143