DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Victoria area pilots out there?

once I get my lipo bags I'm gonna hit the airport and talk to someone -and post again. I feel like i should have 'umpteen' batteries but will prob go with 4. ps my trip wil be right smack in the middle of fall colors....here's the Cabot trail wicked color (not my pic....yet)

Attachments

• cape.jpg
    cape.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 28
Got some flight time in this morning during a walk around the neighborhood
45ae45651475c88ef6035070314f6209.jpg
223f7010ec0554df6f62da086f42757a.jpg

Reactions: rocdok
Got my Yaesu FTA-230 VHF air band radio today. Hoping to get my medical and radio cert by the end of the month. Will be applying for an SFOC in June if I can check off those two boxes.

Reactions: rocdok
Yes, I know this stuff isn't passed through yet, but if 5.5 km is already in effect then i'm happy. I only glanced over it....i just wondered how limited it is up there using the existing airmap;
I just looked it up .....duncan.PNG
-anyway, if you are a new flyer, always do a flight check, and don't fly too close to water or anything you might think will cause interference. Sounds obvious i know...(+:

Yes, I know this stuff isn't passed through yet, but if 5.5 km is already in effect then i'm happy. I only glanced over it....i just wondered how limited it is up there using the existing airmap;
I just looked it up .....View attachment 19262
-anyway, if you are a new flyer, always do a flight check, and don't fly too close to water or anything you might think will cause interference. Sounds obvious i know...(+:
They're working on less stricter regulations as of now. Especially for recreational flyers. But I hear ya, I spent days looking up newbie vids and what to watch out for. Also that's the same app I used (airmap) but it doesn't seem up to date. I'm going to swing by the local copshop and inquire about drone boundaries.

Hey guys! Seems like a quite thread. I just did get my Mavic and went for a yesterday for the first time. I will post the footage at some point.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in setting a "battery share group" these batteries are expensive and you rarely need more than a couple until you go on a big trip. I figured it would be great to have few of us together and we can lend extra batteries to each other if one us is going on a trip etc.

Greetings...Am in the "wannabe" status presently. Looking to see about getting into such a hobby...enjoyed the comments from the motorcycle types talking about going riding/flying and believe this sounds very cool. Amazing technology being available to us and that it is improving all the time....hoping to jump into the market when the Mavic Pro II is released...nice to have dreams eh? Maybe will get a chance to watch some of you sometime somewhere...am in Langford...just saying "Hello"
Cheers
C-IYAT

Reactions: JamieK
Any MP ace pilots in Victoria area able/willing to be this nube a few beginner lessons next 3 weeks before I set off on nutty bike trip? I'm cycling the Great Divide mountain bike route 5000k from Banff to Mexico border. Leaving July 5. Is it even possible to get to basic competence level in that time without losing too many fingers? Any guidance appreciated.
- Chris

Any MP ace pilots in Victoria area able/willing to be this nube a few beginner lessons next 3 weeks before I set off on nutty bike trip? I'm cycling the Great Divide mountain bike route 5000k from Banff to Mexico border. Leaving July 5. Is it even possible to get to basic competence level in that time without losing too many fingers? Any guidance appreciated.
- Chris
where do you live? I had a Pro but sold it for an Air. Same issues about flying though. I’m in Victoria.

Just ordered my MP on the sale. Can't wait to get it. Anyone up for a rip/lesson when I get it in? I'm in royal oak area.

Had my Mavic Mini for a few weeks now. Learning / reading and flying (slowly) as I get used to this new skill. Living in Saanich, and would enjoy meeting with other Mavic pilots for a chat or flying together a bit... cheers, Michael

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty