DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Victoria BC Sampler

niclariv

Reactions
Hi all

I've had the Mavic for a month now off and on (mainly off due to an indoor crash and slow UPS shipping to DJI for refresh). Now that I'm getting a little better at flying it smoothly, I thought I'd put out a little sampler.

Reactions: Josh.bungs
Nice! I'm In Nanaimo and finally got my Mavic last week. if you get up this way get in touch we'll go fly!

Reactions: niclariv
Hi all

I've had the Mavic for a month now off and on (mainly off due to an indoor crash and slow UPS shipping to DJI for refresh). Now that I'm getting a little better at flying it smoothly, I thought I'd put out a little sampler.

Very nice, still hoping to get my Mavic soon. Were you the chap flying at the Woman's march here in Victoria with his Mavic?

No that wasn't me. Was that person flying downtown? Pretty risky right? Being so close to the inner harbour (considered an airport) plus downtown (a 'built up area') and a lot of people around who might have a problem with it. Not that I'm condoning it if done safely, I wish the drone laws were more relaxed for the sake of actually getting useful film shots.

iPhone 6S

No that wasn't me. Was that person flying downtown? Pretty risky right? Being so close to the inner harbour (considered an airport) plus downtown (a 'built up area') and a lot of people around who might have a problem with it. Not that I'm condoning it if done safely, I wish the drone laws were more relaxed for the sake of actually getting useful film shots.

iPhone 6S
I thought it a tad risky over top of so many people and in what I would think is a no fly zone. I'm new to all this and don't even own one yet so please take my comments for what it's worth. I just returned from Oahu and saw people flying phantoms off the 28th floor of buildings with traffic below and (less risky) along the beach (over water) at Waikiki. I guess it's trust in the machine,but...

If the machine is 100% reliable, and the pilot isn't flying it too close to people, I wish the laws were a little more relaxed about flying over a city or crowd for the sake of getting good film of things other than trees and water.. but the way they are right now I wouldn't think there's much point to flying one over the march downtown because if that person posts it somewhere and someone from transport Canada cares maybe they could get in some trouble for it.

iPhone 6S

Hi all

Great thing you captured this before the new rules! I think I counted at least 4 violations under the new ones, 5 if that marina is in Sydney! lol. Very nice vid!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada