DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video: 2 mile flight over Dense city

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing illegal or irresponsible about my flight path. Thats a fact!

There are some people that hate themselves here and want spread that nastiness. Dont bite. These guys are trolls that most likely dont own a drone and instead just love to spread negativity. Or maybe they need to fly more than yap about flying who knows. Just sayn. U guys need counseling or sumn. Ur the ones that are having the negative effect by not understanding your rights and standing up for them. Take your hate to another thread please
No we won't!
What you are doing is illegal. Recreational flyers cannot fly over freeways and fly bvlos!
Read the rules!

Not a LAW, an FAA RULE. There is a difference.
What about common sense?
Has it ever occurred to you that if something goes wrong you could be in a whole lot of trouble?
And yes, I fly professionally with an Inspire and I would never ever do what you are doing!
By what I see from other posters on this thread, I'm not the only one telling you this.
Would you please read the rules and regulations and think "maybe I shouldn't really be doing this?

This was a flight I did today that covered about 9000ft over dense city here in Eugene Oregon... This was a low altitude flight from Sheldon high school to River bend Hospital at about 180-300feet high

Was your total flight 2 miles? I have been wanting to fly from my house to the beach, about a 4 mile round trip. I think she'd make it with no problems if there was no wind. What scares me is to head out with no problems then catch a head wind on the way back.

What about common sense?
Has it ever occurred to you that if something goes wrong you could be in a whole lot of trouble?
And yes, I fly professionally with an Inspire and I would never ever do what you are doing!
By what I see from other posters on this thread, I'm not the only one telling you this.
Would you please read the rules and regulations and think "maybe I shouldn't really be doing this?

First I am not the OP. Second if you read my first reply to the other poster who claimed violation of law, I said exactly that. There are no FAA "Laws" governing model aircraft flown by hobbyists, there are RULES. Rules, that if something did go wrong would be used against you in a civil court to increase your liability.

There may be some local laws or ordnance where the OP flys, but I don't plan on flying there so have no interest in looking them up.

If these FAA rules were LAWS as all of you think, every 5th grader that's ever shot a rocket is a criminal. My first rocket reached 1200 feet, I was 11.

This is the same dude that posted the video tracking the jogger and called her a "psycho" when she seemed to not be cool with it. Bro, sell your effen gear, this hobby is not for you. Law or not, you are clearly not responsible enough to understand that you are going to ruin this for everyone. At least stop posting videos of you acting irresponsibly (honestly they're super boring anyway)

This was a flight I did today that covered about 9000ft over dense city here in Eugene Oregon... This was a low altitude flight from Sheldon high school to River bend Hospital at about 180-300feet high
I'm going to at least try and balance this thread out a bit. I did like the video and the scenery.

First I am not the OP. Second if you read my first reply to the other poster who claimed violation of law, I said exactly that. There are no FAA "Laws" governing model aircraft flown by hobbyists, there are RULES. Rules, that if something did go wrong would be used against you in a civil court to increase your liability.

There may be some local laws or ordnance where the OP flys, but I don't plan on flying there so have no interest in looking them up.

If these FAA rules were LAWS as all of you think, every 5th grader that's ever shot a rocket is a criminal. My first rocket reached 1200 feet, I was 11.

My post was for Rally Soob, not you, sorry.

Ok I have to make a comment on here even though I will be vilified by some.
For this forum to retain any respect it might have left, I strongly recommend to the moderators to remove this type of listing and accompanied video as it is not helping our cause with respect to the general public's interpretation of drones and the law!
Recreational flying has basically been banned in Canada with huge fines for not abiding by the rules. The States will follow suit very quickly as will other countries thanks to people who blatantly show a complete disregard for safety and the law !
Did this guy not even think that what he did might be totally illegal?
Just blows my mind sometimes.
This is not a knock to any of us who fly responsibly or even anyone who might occasionally fly too close to something cnce in a while.
Happens to all of us.
I'm just trying to preserve the drone industry for all of us,
I fly commercially with my Inspire as well and the new laws are making it more difficult even for me with my SFOC.
I'm just wondering where this industry will be in 5 years!

I tree as well. The moderators should immediately remove this and any similar posts and videos

For this forum to retain any respect it might have left, I strongly recommend to the moderators to remove this type of listing and accompanied video as it is not helping our cause with respect to the general public's interpretation of drones and the law!
Recreational flying has basically been banned in Canada with huge fines for not abiding by the rules. The States will follow suit very quickly as will other countries thanks to people who blatantly show a complete disregard for safety and the law !
This is not a knock to any of us who fly responsibly or even anyone who might occasionally fly too close to something cnce in a while.
Happens to all of us.
I fly commercially with my Inspire as well and the new laws are making it more difficult even for me with my SFOC.

I agree as well. The moderators should immediately remove this and any similar posts and videos

I love that he showed his flight record pic to prove how he is a responsible pilot and it's a pic of him with a big marijuana bud in the foreground. Winning.

Full disclosure I have no problem with weed, but celebrating it cuz you think it's "cool" shows the level of maturity, and definitely doesn't help his "I'm a responsible pilot, cuz look how many flights I have" argument.

Happens to all of us.

I agree as well. The moderators should immediately remove this and any similar posts and videos

Reactions: Youngjohn

There are some people that hate themselves here and want spread that nastiness. Dont bite. These guys are trolls that most likely dont own a drone and instead just love to spread negativity. Or maybe they need to fly more than yap about flying who knows. Just sayn. U guys need counseling or sumn. Ur the ones that are having the negative effect by not understanding your rights and standing up for them. Take your hate to another thread please

If he is so positive in his belief that "There is nothing illegal or irresponsible about my flight path. Thats a fact!", he should have no problem whatsoever to send this video to the local FAA airport control tower, who he supposedly contacted to inform them of his proposed flight. They will have a record of him contacting them, as well as the flight location, his identity and intended flight area of flight, height, duration, as well as the model. Contact to "inform" the local FAA control tower, if within 5 miles of an airport is required, as a hobbyist. If the flight was not within 5 miles of an airport, they'll still respond to his video and question if this flight is legal. I'm sure he'll have no problem posting their response, however they respond.

Anxiously waiting his post of the FAA response.

This is the problem - you can't even see what you've done is illegal and (frankly) is also just plain stupid. You can't see what's 'irresponsible' about flying TWO MILES over a 'dense city'? Really? Hence why I fear for our hobby. Just think , Rally: two miles OVER a city, OVER freeways with unsuspecting traffic, OVER people out on the streets, no LOS, with a drone that could easily throw a prop (and fall out of the sky, to hit someone). Or lose connection and then, after you forgot to set the correct RTH settings, fall out of the sky, to hit someone - some idiot flew his into the side of Cologne Cathedral yesterday. Or simply develop a fault - these things are reliable to a degree, but not THAT reliable...and fall out of the sky to hit someone. It's not a question of 'did it', it's a question of 'could it'. And the answer is yes, it could. One day soon, some inexperienced and reckless fool is going to push the boundaries like this and end in disaster. Which will kill not just who you hit, but the hobby for those responsibly flying. So thanks a lot....at least you'll know who to blame when we can all just fly in covered halls, with no chance of going outdoors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest