DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video: 2 mile flight over Dense city

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. There are people defending this. 'Just rules, not laws...'. What happened to common sense? What part of 'there are hundreds of 'officials ' out there who want to shut us down' don't you understand? Sweden - banned. Canada - close as **** it, banned. Spain - not a chance. Here in the U.K. - difficult to find anywhere to fly without infringing the law. Then we get '...flight over dense, populated, city whilst beyond LOS, ignoring common sense...' type of thing. I thought the idiot who posted this was a kid, with no real experience. But I took a look - we're looking at an experienced pilot in his mid - 30s. Heavens. I give up.

I certainly am not defending this flight or individual. He should not be encouraged to fly in this manner. In my opinion the people saying everything is illegal when it isn't aren't helping their cause at all. Know the rules and fly by them. That, along with common sense, is the way to enjoy this hobby. Clearly the individual that posted this video was clearly lacking in the common sense department.

Sure thing! But won't the license be even more restrictive for you? You'll definitely need it if your flying benefits you financially.

To chime in, no a Remote Pilot Certification is not more restrictive just because a person is certified to fly commercially. The pilot can fly under Part 101, as a hobbyist, or Part 107, as commercial. The pilot determines, prior to flight, if intent is "as a hobbyist" or "as a commercial flight". Different rules apply depending on the decision as to the intent of the flight.

Why makes drone that flies 4 miles if u cant fly 300 m iS DJI the irresponsible party for making the dtone. ever driven over the speed limit anywhere risking lives which is a law not a rule. Driven without a belt or a loose kid or dog in your car or even held any device while u drive . Oh really no one ever did any of that. Guidelines are exactly that if u dont want drones to fly 4 miles go tell dji Not to make them or sell them to anyone without a licence. See what response u get from them.

I don't think that "line of sight" is the real issue here. People have taken and posted videos here with their Mavic flying miles out in rural areas over forests and no one has protested that they were violating "line of sight" rules under those circumstances because everyone knows that while it may be technically wrong it's pretty much of a non-issue there.

The real problem here is having the Mavic fly over a dense urban community including a freeway. "Line of sight" or not, that's clearly a no-no.

Finally, as for breaking a speed limit, there's a difference between stepping a little over the line and stepping way over the line. Going 70 mph on a 65 mph freeway is one thing. Going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone is quite another. Most people can difference and don't just say that it's all the same.

Reactions: grizzard and NickB
I wouldn't mind this video if it wasn't for the fact that this is the same guy that chased a woman with his drone and laughed when she told him to stop..

Really? Well then ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627