DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video auto load to my Android device

Palliz

Reactions
Wondering if it is normal that ALL the vids I have shot with the Mavic Pro automatically go straight to my Android device? The strange thing is that I shoot RAW images & they don't transfer to my Android.
I fly in Airplane Mode ( normal ) Turn of WiFi ( don't need it ) & turn off Android device Sync but still I get the vids going to my phone!
They are also on the SD card but why do they go to my phone too?
If it's default to go to the device then is there a way to stop it? Prefer vids/images to only be on the SD card....
Must be missing something here...................doh
Appreciate your input/advice
Thanks in advance guys

Oh yeah other than that - enjoying the Mavic totally!

That's normal.

Remember the Mavic is permanently streaming the video to the controller regardless and on to your android so you can see what is going on. On your android device afterwards you are merely seeing captures of this stream that correspond to when you hit the video record button. This stream and captured video is 1080k, whilst you could still be capturing storing 4K on the SD car in the Mavic itself. YES you can turn this feature off so the video does not get automatically cached on your android. But it is of course still always being sent.

Its in the main menu (not the camera menu). Last item, General settings > Video cache.
-Cache locally when recording X
-Largest Video cache (Set to GB you want)
-Auto clean up video cache <- this is a good one to have on. Then you wont get cache full warnings and it will continually overwrite older cached recordings with newer ones (on the phone). You will then automatically always have a decent quality copy of your most recent flights video on you phone, but it will never overfill the phone because you have limited the cache size.

The camera Setting area has an option

Auto Sync HD photo - My understanding is this should sync full sized JPGs across to your phone DJI Album folder. They probably figured there is no point this feature working for RAW as it will be pretty useless to you on the phone as it needs PP. The feature was working for me with DJIGo3 but is sketchy with DJIGo4. Even with this off you should still get previews or thumbnails of all you photos RAW or JPG across on your android.

Take a Raw photo and immediately after hit the [ >] Play button beneath the onscreen shutter and settings buttons. That should show you a JPG preview of your RAW shot that is saved on your android.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palliz
in the DJI GO app settings I notice "Use cellular data to upload" - Could this be the problem? Can I just turn it off?
Will that affect anything other than preventing my device from uploading the vids?
Thanks

That's normal.

Remember the Mavic is permanently streaming the video to the controller and on to your android so you can see what s going on. On your android device afterwards you are seeing captures of this stream that correspond to when you hit the video record button. This stream and captured video is 1080k, whilst you could still be capturing storing 4K on the SD car in the Mavic itself. YES you can turn this feature off as well so the video does not get automatically cached on your android.

Its in the main menu (not the camera menu). Last item, General settings > Video cache.
-Auto clean up video cache <- this is a good one to have on. Then you wont get cache full warnings and it will continually overwrite older cached recordings with newer ones (on the phone).

Auto Sync HD photo - My understanding is this should sync full sized JPGs across to your phone DJI Album folder. They probably figured there is no point this feature working for RAW as it will be pretty useless to you on the phone as it needs PP. The feature was working for me with DJIGo3 but is sketchy with DJIGo4. Even with this off you should still get previews or thumbnails of all you photos RAW or JPG across on your android.

Take a Raw photo and immediately after hit the [ >] Play button beneath the onscreen shutter and settings buttons. That should show you a JPG preview of your RAW shot that is saved on your android.

Hey man thanks so much - I'll get into it tomorrow - been trying to work this out all afternoon ......need a break!
I actually thought it might be my Android device - so glad you steered me in the right direction - been flying Phantoms too long...........lol
Guess my second question about turning off the "Use cellular data to upload" is mute & I should leave it on?
Thanks again

in the DJI GO app settings I notice "Use cellular data to upload" - Could this be the problem?
Nup thats unrelated. That setting is for to sharing your video and stills. It will allow the system to use cellular data to upload stuff to the DJI skypixel repository if you do that sort of stuff. Not related to the connection between you Phone, RC and Drone and your video.

That's normal.

Remember the Mavic is permanently streaming the video to the controller regardless and on to your android so you can see what is going on. On your android device afterwards you are merely seeing captures of this stream that correspond to when you hit the video record button. This stream and captured video is 1080k, whilst you could still be capturing storing 4K on the SD car in the Mavic itself. YES you can turn this feature off so the video does not get automatically cached on your android. But it is of course still always being sent.

-Auto clean up video cache <- this is a good one to have on. Then you wont get cache full warnings and it will continually overwrite older cached recordings with newer ones (on the phone). You will then automatically always have a decent quality copy of your most recent flights video on you phone, but it will never overfill the phone because you have limited the cache size.

My friend......Worked like a charm - great info - straight forward - Can't thank you enough.
Couldn't find the Auto clean up video cache but that's ok I will do it manually
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121