DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video downlink issue during a flight

ninijnab

Reactions
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, as I wanted to share what happened to me yesterday, nothing really crazy but still set me in panic mode.

So I was flying the mavic around and at about 120 meters (approx 400 feet) away but still with direct line of sight (I could still see a dark point in the sky), I completely lost video transmission and my screen became totally black ! Of course I entered panic mode as I could only see a dot (so not the drone's orientation), but the app prompted something like "video transmission lost, activate RTH ?". Which of course I confirmed.

After a few minutes I could see the drone clearly and manually flown it back and landed it, but the video never came back. Also I am 90% sure I saw the LED 3 on the battery lit steady (non-flashing). I didn't really think and just snapped the battery out because I didn't know what had happened.

I didn't fly since then but turned the mavic on with the same battery (after recharging it) and everything (includind video transmission) seems to work fine.

Also I checked the flight log, and it stoped recording in mid flight, same spot ( I would think ?) that I lost video tx.

I'm kinda scared to let it fly too far now.

P.S. Running DJI Go 4 on iPhone 7

I checked the flight log, and it stoped recording in mid flight, same spot ( I would think ?) that I lost video tx.
There are two flight logs -- the TXT flight log on your mobile device and the DAT flight log on the Mavic's internal memory card. When the downlink dropped (what you described above), the TXT log stopped recording new data since your Mavic was no longer sending data to the remote controller. The DAT log continued to record data though. If interested, you can learn how to view the data in the DAT flight log using DatCon here.

Thanks for that msinger. Will be using the .DAT files for some experiments unless I get what I need from the .TXT.

I have had my Mavic for a few months and had no real issues at all until a few days ago I had the same issue with a loss of video feed from the drone as the DJI GO4 app disconnects but the Rc was still connected and in full control of the Drone ...

I did another test flight yesterday in a location I normally fly in and had the same issue I need to do a few more test flights to try and rule out my mobile, Tablet and or cables plus look at the .DAT files to see if they have any indication as to what is happening.

However the drone itself fly's without any issues at all with the RC only.

There are two flight logs -- the TXT flight log on your mobile device and the DAT flight log on the Mavic's internal memory card. When the downlink dropped (what you described above), the TXT log stopped recording new data since your Mavic was no longer sending data to the remote controller. The DAT log continued to record data though. If interested, you can learn how to view the data in the DAT flight log using DatCon here.
Nice ! Thanks for the tip

I have had my Mavic for a few months and had no real issues at all until a few days ago I had the same issue with a loss of video feed from the drone as the DJI GO4 app disconnects but the Rc was still connected and in full control of the Drone ...

I did another test flight yesterday in a location I normally fly in and had the same issue I need to do a few more test flights to try and rule out my mobile, Tablet and or cables plus look at the .DAT files to see if they have any indication as to what is happening.

However the drone itself fly's without any issues at all with the RC only.
That's pretty scary ! I don't know if it's the same problem though because the app told me that I lost video feed and I selected RTH via the app... Did you get any warning messages ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty