DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing software?

tommyrich

Reactions
So yeah that's pretty much my question what video editing/photo editing software are you guys using trying to find one under 50 bucks thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

So yeah that's pretty much my question what video editing/photo editing software are you guys using trying to find one under 50 bucks thanks.

Most consumer level software is probably going to be in the $100 range. I have Adobe Premiere Elements. Really don't like it much. Pretty light in color grading department. I recently downloaded Davinci Resolve. Free download, steep learning curve. Very powerful.

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

Most consumer level software is probably going to be in the $100 range. I have Adobe Premiere Elements. Really don't like it much. Pretty light in color grading department. I recently downloaded Davinci Resolve. Free download, steep learning curve. Very powerful.

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app
Yeah I just ended up buying one it was 129 bucks. Its the Nero platinum 2017 HD multi media suite better be good for that price lol. fairly new to editing so it's probably going to take me awhile to learn it.

I tend to use iMovie but I guess that is just for beginners... :rolleyes:

I started a few years ago with the GoPro studio and it was C- at best.

I then switched to the Cyberlink PD and found it a bit cumbersome but I probably didn't spend the time required to master it.

Just switched to Apple a few weeks ago and I am blown away by IMovie. Granted, simple, basic, but very effective for my needs. I'll probably upgrade to the higher end final cut later.

I'm going "big dog" on software. Downloaded the free trial for Final Cut Pro X and am going through a Lynda.com course to learn to use it. I also have Adobe Premiere Pro available through my employer and will try that as well, but I think if I really end up enjoying editing I'll end up buying Final Cut.

But uploading your own music though? From what ive gathered its a pain the *** if even possible

Works precisely the way I expect it to. Accepts a variety of audio formats, drag and drop onto the NLE timeline. Not sure what would make it hard to use.

Powerdirector gets my vote. And if you want to really dig in to color correction stuff, they also have color director, and if you buy the package, its a pretty good deal (a lot cheaper than what you see from the other guys). I've also been messing around with "Filmconvert" and it's pretty great if you dont have Adobe or apple but still want to play around with different "film" type filters. Super easy.

i use final cut pro for my video editing also has color correcting in it and lightroom for photos

Check out my signature to see my vids

Last edited:
Powerdirector gets my vote. And if you want to really dig in to color correction stuff, they also have color director, and if you buy the package, its a pretty good deal (a lot cheaper than what you see from the other guys). I've also been messing around with "Filmconvert" and it's pretty great if you dont have Adobe or apple but still want to play around with different "film" type filters. Super easy.

+1 on Powerdirector. I used Davinci Resolve for a year with my prior drone which only shot at 1080p but with the Mavic, I couldn't handle the 4K video with Davinci on my I7 PC (I think my video card was the limiting factor). PowerDirector has been great. Very fast and easy to use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose