DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing

Cerberus

Reactions
I've recorded some test video with the mavic at 2.7k (30fps)
editing it in powerdirector trying to color grade and enhance it (and not doing great< i feel)

now come the question. when producing my work, in what format and what resolution and stuff should I produce it to give me that nice movie like feel?

Am I confusing? :p

I'm using Powerdirector and 2k/30 as well but have not tried any post processing, Subscribed...

I'm using Powerdirector and 2k/30 as well but have not tried any post processing, Subscribed...

I may experiment with recording in 24fps and 30 fps and try color enhancement and grading just to see which one looks and feels nice.
but wondering in what format do the experts here produce their work in..
:)

What a hard question to answer! First and foremost is the subject matter and the music track. It almost doesn't matter what format you shoot if your audience is focused on what your intention is in the shot and the sounds that they hear. Most will agree that between 24 and 30 fps is the maximum frame rate for cinematic feel and look. Shooting in 4k/24fps will give the wide screen look with small black bars at the top and bottom.

black and white could be just as powerful as any color grade you apply!

Do you notice in movies how your eyes are following exactly what the director wants you to see and how the sound track creates the mood and emotion you feel?

Umm, a little side track here.. haha

as mention before , I recorded at 2.7k/30fps on the mavic and was trying to test produce out and see the final result..

I output it to 780p (at least thats what I think I was doing) at 24p (not really sure what that means..
the color is ok to me (for a noob) but what got me is that the output video was rather choppy in movement ( like I was panning the drone) in comparison to the original footage from the drone itself..

I think I chose the h264 (or something) out put and select 780p /24p.. there are 30p and 120p.......
tried the 120p and the video output was choppy too...

any ideas?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa