DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editors

Jim_bo

Reactions
Can someone recommend a good video editing program? When I loaded a 2.5 minute video to FB, it was 700MB and the quality on FB was terrible.

That has nothing to do with the editor. FB video is terrible. Upload to Youtube (there are plenty of videos for youtube export settings) and link to FB.

That has nothing to do with the editor. FB video is terrible. Upload to Youtube (there are plenty of videos for youtube export settings) and link to FB.
Good advice. But I'd still like a recommendation for a video editor

There are a lot of posts on this already.from Premier to Vegas to iMovie to FCP to Resolve. Pick one and stick with it.

The general consensus seems to be Adobe Premiere Pro CC is probably the best and the standard for both Mac/PC. Final Cut Pro X is sometimes preferred by Mac owners and might be a little easier for a newbie to learn. Those two are enthusiast and professional applications. Some Mac owners get by fine with the built in iMovie. Some others PC software to consider would be Sony Vegas and Premiere Elements. There's also Davinci Resolve.

Premiere Elements 14 has been working OK for 4k video from my Phantom 4 and Mavic on my Dell XPS13 9343 with 8gb RAM and SSD. I want to bang my head against a wall with their clip management (as far as I can tell, the only way to save out multiple shorter clips to insert into the timeline from a longer clip is to duplicate the clip the number of times you want for sub-clips and then set in/out points on each duplicated clip) but my exports in 1080p for Youtube in high-quality settings look as good as expected. Rendering clips/exporting is not quite real-time. I liked FCP (before FCPX) a lot better on my Mac, but for the price ($<80-90 bundled with Photoshop elements, and you get a license that works on mac and PC), it gets a lot done if you're not trying to get too fancy.

Reactions: rcheli9
You can find a list of commonly used video editors here.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
You can find a list of commonly used video editors here.
I'd like to see Davinci Resolve on that list. For free software, it's pretty powerful. There's a huge learning curve to it though. Once you get the hang of it, i think it's the simplest way to add LUT's and perform color correction and grading. Combine it with Adobe Premiere and well, there's no limit to what can be done.

I only have the experience of Permiere Pro but can't image there is something significantly better and I'm probably only using 10% of its' full capability. Be nice if I only had to may for 10% of it's monthly RENT!

After many years using Sony Vegas, I discovered DaVinci Resolve, and I must say the free version is just incredible. Definitely worth checking it out, and spending some short time "learning" it.

I know this is an older thread, im hopeful I can get some help. I am getting used to Imovie but have one issue thats driving me nuts. I want to go through my videos and save short clips into folders so I can use them for certain projects. I want to clean, trim and file. As far as I can see, Imovie wont let me do that. I don't want to learn another program if i can help it. Thanks

I had only one try at imovie and found it lacking for a lot of reasons so I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro . . .costs $20 a month so not good for the little amount I use it but lots of training videos help figure it out. Sorry not much help with imovie

Reactions: Vacation guy
Don't know much about it either and I can do all I want on Pro so maybe I should look

I think Davinci Resolve is awesome and it's friggin FREE. Can someone chime in on the benefits of the other paid titles over Resolve? I know the Resolve Free version doesn't do 4K but.. what else doesn't it do?

I think Davinci Resolve is awesome and it's friggin FREE. Can someone chime in on the benefits of the other paid titles over Resolve? I know the Resolve Free version doesn't do 4K but.. what else doesn't it do?
Can you split video and save files to drop box or desk top?

I believe so.. split video? you mean cut it and save different videos? I'm pretty new that's why I'm asking. Is there something I'm missing, because I've watched a lot of videos that have people saying they're switching. But, they you have other folks saying they would never switch. Charts that I've seen comparing feature for feature, there doesn't seem to be a big difference especially for the $.

I wonder if it turns a lot of folks off because... it's free? Because BlackMagic makes their money from their equipment sales.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851