DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video file splitting

Jeffdj

Reactions
Has anyone flown for over 10 minutes in 4K video and then checked to see if the Mavic creates a new file after the first file reaches about 9Gb? If it does create split files, are there any glitches when you join the clips together, this was caused in all previous DJI drones because they lost about 10 frames between each file.
I have flown my Mavic but havent had the opportunity to test this one out because of weather conditions.
The GoPro and other 4K cameras also split files but they do not lose frames between files.

Has anyone flown for over 10 minutes in 4K video and then checked to see if the Mavic creates a new file after the first file reaches about 9Gb? If it does create split files, are there any glitches when you join the clips together, this was caused in all previous DJI drones because they lost about 10 frames between each file.
I have flown my Mavic but havent had the opportunity to test this one out because of weather conditions.
The GoPro and other 4K cameras also split files but they do not lose frames between files.

I would just record indoors with it (not flying) for over ten minutes to find out since you have the Mavic already..

Thanks for the suggestion. Yessss!! They have fixed the dropped frames between files. Still creates new files after 9.20 minutes or 3.91gb but there is no loss of frames so everything plays smoothly.

Reactions: Steve
Haha that's awesome! I didn't even know about that issue until you said anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851