DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video files jerky on PC playback

Sunshine

Reactions
When I put the Mavic micro SD card in an adapter and into the SD slot on my desktop PC, the still pictures show up fine but having trouble with viewing videos.

The only thing that will apparently play the .MOV files is the VLC player I downloaded. But.... first few attempts resulted in just an entirely green screen as progress playback bar moves along.

Last attempts oddly produce the normal video with the condition that it is jerky.... the picture seems to jerk every other second or so.
I downloaded the latest VLC player which is supposed to support multiple video files but I don't know how to correct this problem... the video plays fine when viewing on my iPad mini when connected to controller and mavic powered on.

Supposedly the Apple Quick Time should also work with MOV files but post on the web say it is not "safe" and anyone with it should uninstall it ... so I didn't bother to try it.

Sorry if this is wrong place for this post but any help will be appreciated.

When I put the Mavic micro SD card in an adapter and into the SD slot on my desktop PC, the still pictures show up fine but having trouble with viewing videos.

The only thing that will apparently play the .MOV files is the VLC player I downloaded. But.... first few attempts resulted in just an entirely green screen as progress playback bar moves along.

Last attempts oddly produce the normal video with the condition that it is jerky.... the picture seems to jerk every other second or so.
I downloaded the latest VLC player which is supposed to support multiple video files but I don't know how to correct this problem... the video plays fine when viewing on my iPad mini when connected to controller and mavic powered on.

Supposedly the Apple Quick Time should also work with MOV files but post on the web say it is not "safe" and anyone with it should uninstall it ... so I didn't bother to try it.

Can your desktop handle the resolution of your videos? This will cause hesitation on playback; my computer is not powerful enough to handle 4k off the card, I have to save it to disk and even then I can only process small parts at a time.

You need a new computer. Your current PC doesn't have the HW to play the high-res videos.

I have that problem when recording 4K video and trying to play it on my laptop ..... it just doesn't work. Try recording at a lower resolution.

I had the same issue, I had to build a new computer to handle the 4K video, now I have no issues with 4K. Try shooting a few videos in 2K and see how your computer handles those. There isn't much difference between the 4K and 2K. It takes a pretty good computer to properly handle 4K video. I built mine around the Intel 6850K Processor and ASUS X99-A ll motherboard. I used 2 Samsung M.2 960 Pro SSDs, one for my scratch drive for video editing and another one for my OS and program files. I installed 6 standard hard drives for video and file storage and the EVGA GeForce 1070 SC Gaming Black edition graphics card. When all said and done about a $3000 build including 4K monitor. You could build or buy cheaper than this but you may have to upgrade to something if you want to shoot and edit in 4K.

Good info you guys. I don't recall what resolution I recorded at since I'm brand new at this. Would a different video card solve my problem or is it also the CPU?
Is it possible to transfer this out of my Mavic and then convert the res somehow to salvage what I have?
I don't know if other online sources or You Tube for example,
Would be in 4K but haven't had any problem like that from there. Do you think 1080 would be ok for me? Thanks much!

Sorry my previous post got delayed. I see my Mavic was recording in 4K...I've changed that to a lower res and the codec to MP4 and will see what happens. Thanks to all

VLC doesn't work for me playback is choppy and I have i7 six core and GTX970. Interestingly I found WMP played the same video perfectly so I presume vlc needs codec updating. See if that helps.

I didn't read every post, but take the files off the card and copy them to your computer and see if you have any better experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent