DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video recording stops?

From my readings in some other threads Ill guess it would be better to re install the app than clearing the cache :)

Mine shakes first then stops recording :( is it the card?

My issue is more like this, but the gimbal also resets. I upgraded the firmware as soon as I got it (March 14) so I've never flown with the factory firmware. It happens ALL the time. Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 4 minutes. Plus it kills the controls while the gimbal resets.

I've tried a lot of things, but not clearing the cache (formatting does not work). Three different cards (16, 32 and 64) - still bad. I'm thinking sending it in is the only remaining option.

Here's just a few I captured from the cache. The onboard videos just stop and don't show the final twist.

Reactions: EsiMavic
So, I cleared the cache and was hopeful for a full 9 minutes. And then it flaked out again! During a POI on a cool structure in a lake too. Next, I'll test with caching off.

Reactions: EsiMavic
So, I cleared the cache and was hopeful for a full 9 minutes. And then it flaked out again! During a POI on a cool structure in a lake too. Next, I'll test with caching off.

Turning off the cache did not work. Sigh. Also found another thread that seemed to fit my problem better. There are some flight record experts there too and hopefully they can see something.

Hit something in the air, drone never fell

Last edited:
I've been experiencing the same issue with the video stopping it's recording, and with the gimbal reset. Dareich, when your gimbal freaks out, does the video recording button show 00:00 for a while at the same time displaying the symbol that it is recording, all while you can't actually see a live feed? I default to the larger SD card I bought that is all up to spec, but it has been giving me the same problems as everyone else on this thread lately, even though I am religious about formatting and clearing caches. The card that came with the mavic seems not to share the issue, and now that I think about it, it's also never been in the drone when the gimbal has one of it's "moments" and freezes the whole camera system.

I've been experiencing the same issue with the video stopping it's recording, and with the gimbal reset. Dareich, when your gimbal freaks out, does the video recording button show 00:00 for a while at the same time displaying the symbol that it is recording, all while you can't actually see a live feed? I default to the larger SD card I bought that is all up to spec, but it has been giving me the same problems as everyone else on this thread lately, even though I am religious about formatting and clearing caches. The card that came with the mavic seems not to share the issue, and now that I think about it, it's also never been in the drone when the gimbal has one of it's "moments" and freezes the whole camera system.

I don't recall what the recording button displays. The live feed does freeze for a few seconds and then comes back in time to show the gimbal slewing around. One time it happened while in POI flight and the cached video showed the video freeze but the drone was still flying its circle.

This happened on three different cards including the one the drone came with.

I sent it in and they replaced the gimbal and camera. It will hopefully ship out today and I will hopefully have an error free flight next week. Takes service a while.

My issue is more like this, but the gimbal also resets. I upgraded the firmware as soon as I got it (March 14) so I've never flown with the factory firmware. It happens ALL the time. Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 4 minutes. Plus it kills the controls while the gimbal resets.

I've tried a lot of things, but not clearing the cache (formatting does not work). Three different cards (16, 32 and 64) - still bad. I'm thinking sending it in is the only remaining option.

Here's just a few I captured from the cache. The onboard videos just stop and don't show the final twist.

I've had three different Mavics. The first Mavic had the Jello brand gimbal installed and DJI took it back and sent a new one. That one had the same problem you described. I ended up contacting a tree branch during one episode and crashing it. DJI said it was my fault and I ended up replacing it via Care Refresh. Even though I told them about the glitch happening just before the crash and once prior. The one they sent me does the exact same thing!!! DJI either doesn't know how to make gimbals or something else is going on.

I had the same problem today. It didn't occur on my first battery. I had a little chat with passers by then swapped batteries and off I went. I started recording before take off but while raising I noticed it wasn't on. There was a ping as it started recording but silence when it stopped. Ive restarted recoding and flown for good 15 minutes only to notice recoding was off again. No gimbal resets or anything out of the ordinary. So pissed off as I had some good footage... On the card there are 2 seconds of recording for overtime I hit record button.

I've been experiencing the same issue with the video stopping it's recording, and with the gimbal reset. Purchased a faster ScanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB card and having the same results after reformatting it before I installed. Any solutions????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore