DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video recording

Aerofoil

Reactions
Hi all.

Can you guys tell me the answer to this:-

When you press the record button on the app are you starting the drone recording or is the Mavic recording all the time and your just initiating the video download to your phone?

yesterday i got a message about not enough memory and im wondering if this was in the phone as the card in the Mavic had been cleared before flight.

I dont want to download the videos to my phone can i turn that feature off?

cheers

The record button starts recording on both the phone and the MP. Of the phone is having memory issues you can adjust the cache size smaller. Once it hits the limit it will over write the older recordings.

The record button on app or on controller starts recording to the SD card RH side of Mavic.
This is the full size recording up to 4K resolution.

The app records a separate 720p copy more or less what you see on screen but no menus etc.
This feature can be turned off from app menu, or limited in size (then over-written) in case you don't have much space.

In general it's best left on because it might give valuable clues should the mvic go down.
Also the 720p video is acceptable at a pinch if you forgot to press reord [oops] or something else went wrong.

...........Also the 720p video is acceptable at a pinch if you forgot to press reord [oops] or something else went wrong.

Are you sure on that? Mine only records simultaneously in the MP and the iPad. No record button pressed = no recordings on MP or iPad.

Reactions: frankiez

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett