DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Settings -2 -2 -1

The PIC

Reactions
I see a lot of people setting their custom video settings to -2, -2, -1 and so on for sharpness, contrast and saturation. My question is what are the best options for bringing this back or adjusting in post? I am using iMovie because I know it and don't want to spend endless hours editing. Any suggestion on how to get the best looking video out of my work with a simple program would be grateful and appreciated.

PIC

Reactions: Fausto
If you have to ask how to adjust contrast and saturation in editing you may as well record on default settings anyway.
Especially if you think editing will take "endless hours"
It does take a long time to learn to get the best from your editing software and cameras, a few basic tips here are unlikely to help much.
Mavic footage doesn't respond particularly well to manipulation and correctly exposed footage recorded on bright days with settings on default will often look as good as anything.

Thanks, If I choose those standard default settings would you recommend the color profile be set to normal or will DLog, Art or another color profile yield a better picture. Assume bright sunshine day.

I do all my editing using iMovie but I'm getting somewhat bored with that program and am wanting more editing options. iMovie doesn't let you adjust the way the video looks so I use 'normal' setting. I've experimented with cinimalike or whatever it's called and it comes out pretty bland but in post editing it allows for you to add color, contrast and saturation, etc. back into the video. I believe Dlog is the same but has even less vibrancy than the cinema mode. But iMovie doesn't have the capability to add color into your videos. But, I'm not very knowledgeable and am just learning by hanging out here. I am, however, on the verge of buying a MacBook Pro 15 inch and putting Final Cut Pro X on it and then learning some more editing techniques. Whoohoo.

+1 -1 -1, you can do basic color correcting in iMovie like brightness, contrast, and color temperature. That’s about it, and it’s simole sliders nothing fancy. I’m about to spring for FCP as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS