DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video to mobile device

Jez6640

Reactions
hi.
Could anyone shed some light on why my photos will download to my mobile device but the videos will not. I guess I am recording in the wrong format or something.
I am using an iPhone 6s with dji go 4 and I have a mavic pro.
Many thanks

To transfer or play video on an iPhone you must be shooting in 1080 or below. If you have been shooting higher resolution video -- for example in 4K --you have to transfer the video to a computer to play or edit it.

To transfer or play video on an iPhone you must be shooting in 1080 or below. If you have been shooting higher resolution video -- for example in 4K --you have to transfer the video to a computer to play or edit it.
Not true unless the app scales down the video quality automatically. Took my son out with me and we went through the settings before recording him doing some tricks at the skate park, long story short we watched the videos of him at the park while eating lunch on my 6s Plus.

Video was in 4k 30fps.

Jez, I can look at my settings later on today when I go out an fly, and check back in and hopefully answer your question.

Hi,
Thank you that would be great, I do upload to my pic but I would like to have the option to show friends on my phone after I have flown.
Also could you answer whether 4K is preferable over 1080 or would innit really notice the difference.
Many thanks
For your help I look forward to your response

The app caches video from during the flight but I don't think this is the same quality as the video downloaded from the aircraft after the flight. I spent the time doing it and couldn't edit or play it on my iPhone 7, but it's possible I didn't have the video settings exactly right. I was using the highest res that allowed 30fps. Today I will try it at 4K 24fps.

Hi,
Thank you that would be great, I do upload to my pic but I would like to have the option to show friends on my phone after I have flown.
Also could you answer whether 4K is preferable over 1080 or would innit really notice the difference.
Many thanks
For your help I look forward to your response

Absolutely, just got back and had lunch with my son again and watched the footage, maybe i didnt notice before but they have an auto edit feature that creates an okay preview montage of your flight. I did record in 4k 30fps. I'm not sure on the specifics of quality though, but the video and images captured were there when I was done. The restaurant was only 5-10 minutes away. to give you a time frame on it being uploaded. I do believe there is a cache video footage to app or device in the settings. And yes if you have editing software that can process in 4k then have at it. Most computer will be able to playback your footage, but I know that some of the free editing software out there is limited.
So to answer your question: take your footage as high a resolution as possible and adjust accordingly based on your time allowance, experience, and capabilities.
As far as I've read you can always downgrade image quality from a higher resolution source but not the opposite without it looking like crap. I could be wrong on this, but that's how I go about it when editing my videos. I also edit my videos for myself and my family so its not like im producing a motion picture or anything like that but it still comes out okay looking.
My biggest hurdle at the moment is the editing software, which has a bigger learning curve that anticipated.

The app caches video from during the flight but I don't think this is the same quality as the video downloaded from the aircraft after the flight. I spent the time doing it and couldn't edit or play it on my iPhone 7, but it's possible I didn't have the video settings exactly right. I was using the highest res that allowed 30fps. Today I will try it at 4K 24fps.

I think you are right on the quality adjustment, but I'm not using my Iphone to edit **** even with the bigger screen the app is more like an instagram with quick settings to show what you have done on the fly. As far as the setting go, from what I understand 24fps will give you better motion blur; giving you that fluid cinematic effect.

Again I'm still learning myself, but its all trial and error for me. I read a lot, watch a lot of videos and experiment a lot to get the desired outcome I am looking for.

I know this seems kind of like a rant but it is just my own experience, I hope this helps some to figure out how to get it to work.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes