DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos and pics looking terrible

nefldrone

Reactions
Hi there,
New to /photo video editing and having some difficulty with quality so far from my mavic. I've watched several videos on how to use Resolve 12.5 and have gotten down editing clips, doing some minor color correction etc. However, when the video is rendered, the final product looks like garbage. I am not sure what part I am not doing correctly. I've been shooting in 4k 30fps, also 24fps. Tried 2.7k as well. All in mov format. I've also shot some pictures in RAW and those look horrible compared to the JPEG images (they look better but could still use improvement). If someone can point me in the right direction, I'm so lost. I haven't been able to find an A-Z these are the step to take from the time you shoot footage to get to a final badass looking video...

what is the best format output from Resolve? Also, when I stick my clips in there, it asks if I would like to change the framerate to match the project. Not sure why it keeps asking this. My MOV files straight from the bird don't look very good themselves before importing in Davinci. I've tried styles 0,0,0; -1,-3,-3; -1, 0,0....
AWB, cloudy
color (None)

Not sure what else to do. Been having a blast flying the bird around but not sure how to get great videos like I've been seeing

Last edited:
What exactly doesn't look correct? Can you post to YouTube so we can have a look? Also, unprocessed RAW will look like crap until corrections are made via an editor

What exactly doesn't look correct? Can you post to YouTube so we can have a look? Also, unprocessed RAW will look like crap until corrections are made via an editor

just horrible resolution, detail is lost. It's like the cached video and images I look at via my phone look great....when I pop the SD card in my PC and view them there it looks horrid. I'll try and post some footage on youtube in a bit. Thanks!

Can your PC handle 4K video?

I've got a Lenovo all-in-one with a 4k monitor. It's an i5 w/SSD, 8gb ram, GeForce GTX 950a. It definitely feels sluggish running davinci.

Here's an unedited clip
It looks even worse on youtube, seems like they scaled it down. Arg

I've got a Lenovo all-in-one with a 4k monitor. It's an i5 w/SSD, 8gb ram, GeForce GTX 950a. It definitely feels sluggish running davinci.

Here's an unedited clip
It looks even worse on youtube, seems like they scaled it down. Arg

Doesn't look terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Your focus is way off after the 9 second mark

Render it down from 4K and try it, though it won't help the focus isssue

I tried to output to their youtube 1080p and it looked horrid. Definitely changed the framerate somehow. Do you guys have any recommendations on steps for all of this? I feel like I'm just missing something.

Also, are there any good free/cheap programs to do the RAW photos in?

I have an Adobe subscription, thus I use Premier. The free Resolve that you're using is good or try this:
Download IrfanView

Personally I wouldn't even bother shooting in RAW unless you're doing a shoot for a client. I never shoot in RAW on my Mavic.

I have an Adobe subscription, thus I use Premier. The free Resolve that you're using is good or try this:
Download IrfanView

Personally I wouldn't even bother shooting in RAW unless you're doing a shoot for a client. I never shoot in RAW on my Mavic.
I'd rather not have to shoot raw, but i noticed some of the "watercoloring" effects on some of the jpegs

Sent from my SM-G935P using MavicPilots mobile app

I only shoot in RAW, but that's all I shoot with all my other cameras so I'm used to it. Slap a basic edit on them and they're good to go. The Mavic JPEGS are terrible, IMO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas