DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos Don't Show Up on iPad after I Shutdown MP

DronerLee

Reactions
I have a mini iPad 2 and my videos do not show up on the tablet after I have shutdown the MP and want to play them back on the iPad later. Only photos show up. I have nothing in the videos tab on the iPad when I slide over to it. I just switched over from an LG tablet which always showed the videos in a folder. I'm new on using this iPad but I know just enough to be dangerous with it. Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MavicPilots mobile app

I have a mini iPad 2 and my videos do not show up on the tablet after I have shutdown the MP and want to play them back on the iPad later. Only photos show up. I have nothing in the videos tab on the iPad when I slide over to it. I just switched over from an LG tablet which always showed the videos in a folder. I'm new on using this iPad but I know just enough to be dangerous with it. Any help much appreciated.

Same with me (Ipad Mini 2) but I'm not even getting photos. Irritating as on my Samsung Phone, with all the same settings, they just automatically sync. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it is failing to cache locally. If there is an obvious reason, I'd love to hear it too.

Check in your goapp the video cache space allowed: if two small, the videos, especially in 4K, won't be saved in your iPad. Check the auto erase cache option too. I hope that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Do you see them in the Go app editor?
Yes photos & videos are in the go app 4 editor and the only way the videos show up on the iPad after I shut down the MP is if I download them prior to shutting down. Photos show up without having to download prior to shutting down the MP.

Check in your goapp the video cache space allowed: if two small, the videos, especially in 4K, won't be saved in your iPad. Check the auto erase cache option too. I hope that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Both settings are good for me. Still no joy.

Anyone want to chime in on this? Do you use an Ipad Mini and with the Go 4 app do you get video's cached locally? I can't get it to work. Very frustrating. Works great on my Samsung S7 Edge and the Go 3 app but not my Ipad Mini.

Just to clarify -- anything that is sent to your phone/tablet during the flight is only intended as a low-quality preview. The real stuff is on the Mavic microSD card. The app saves local "cached" copies if you allow it some room to do so, but don't judge the camera based on that cached copy. It is limited to save the radio downlink bandwidth.

Just to clarify -- anything that is sent to your phone/tablet during the flight is only intended as a low-quality preview. The real stuff is on the Mavic microSD card. The app saves local "cached" copies if you allow it some room to do so, but don't judge the camera based on that cached copy. It is limited to save the radio downlink bandwidth.
Yeah, I got that. But the video quality on my phone has actually been very good. But don't get ANY local cache video on my Ipad Mini. Does anyone else? I have tried multiple formats, sizes, etc. Still no locally cached video. Very irritating.

Is it possible they are being cached locally elsewhere than in "Photos"? They are not under "videos" which is reserved for store downloads.

Is it possible they are being cached locally elsewhere than in "Photos"? They are not under "videos" which is reserved for store downloads.
Just a thought...are they automatically being synced/uploaded to iCloud?

See this pic of my iPad...take note that all the DJI crap is under Albums:

Attachments

• ALBUM.jpg
    ALBUM.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 25
See this pic of my iPad...take note that all the DJI crap is under Albums:
Yep. I have that too but no videos. Just photos. I can manually download videos but I don't want to do that. I just want the locally cached videos like I've always had on other devices.

My Ipad Mini shows that DJI GO4 is using 2.74 GB of stored data, so I think the videos ARE being cached, I just can't find them or access them. I've connected the IPad to my computer and they don't show up there either - but Apple is so **** about access, not surprise there.

Yep. I have that too but no videos. Just photos. I can manually download videos but I don't want to do that. I just want the locally cached videos like I've always had on other devices.
1 more place to check...see pic:

Attachments

• Check.jpg
    Check.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 21
My Ipad Mini shows that DJI GO4 is using 2.74 GB of stored data, so I think the videos ARE being cached, I just can't find them or access them. I've connected the IPad to my computer and they don't show up there either - but Apple is so **** about access, not surprise there.
I just checked and when I select "clear video cache" it shows I have 2 Gigs of video so clearly it's caching, just not able to view them.

1 more place to check...see pic:
Yep. I've got that turned on. That's what I meant by "privileges." Thanks for trying! Probably just a bug and not enough Ipad Mini's for it to rise to the level of being a problem for DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929