DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos from the Mavic Pro

bobkelly

Reactions
Guys, I'm a newbie and am waiting for shipment of my Mavic.

While waiting, I wanted to get ready to handle the videos taken by the Mavic.

I have searched for this information, but because there is so much information available, it's overwhelming and quite difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have watched a lot of videos on how to get started, but as of now, have not found any that tell me how to handle the video files from the Mavic.

My question is: will I be able to watch the raw videos immediately after the flight on my iPad, or will the videos have to be processed through another program on a PC to convert them to a format my iPad can recognize? If they have to be converted to another file type this means I'll have to carry a PC with me when I travel.

If you know of a video or thread that explains this, please post a link. Sorry if the answer is obvious - I have not been able to locate it.

Thanks for your help. Bob

These are going to be .MOV or .MP4 files. If the iPad can read those types of files then there should be no problem. As my iPad currently plays back my Phantom 3 Pro 4k files I don't think you will have a problem. You can edit in the DJI Go app, but I prefer to use a PC to edit my files. The Go app is a bit limited.

You should be able to view videos immediately although no device will do the 4k justice. The question is do you want to shoot in a mode that creates a flat profile picture/video and post edit later or do you want it processed by the camera as the video is taken using one of the built-in profiles? You can do either with the Mavic so you should be good either way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S