DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Viewing Photos/Videos on Device

FPVJunkie

Reactions
So I did a quick search and didn't find any answers to my question, so hopefully this hasn't been posted before.

While flying the Mavic, say you hit the Capture button and it records to the SD card, are you able to view the pictures on your phone/device to ensure you captured what you wanted, as far as framing/lighting/etc, or do you have to download them from the SD card to a computer to check? Does it store a lower resolution photo on your device?

56bd70b2801a55040ccd45a8231a5ce2.jpg

This is where you view the images/videos on your device. I believe it limits the video view to 1080p/30fps but that may just be for live view.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Scoopsnro
It also creates a "snapshot" that you can access later on without being connected to the mavic. has the video clips also. this is under the "editor" part in the app.

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Cool, thank you for the replies!

when you hit that little play button you can view the video and pics on the mavics sdcard and then you can download them to your tablet/phone, but do they dload in high res (4k) like you filmed them or are they reduced to 1080? the file size seems small to me?

when you hit that little play button you can view the video and pics on the mavics sdcard and then you can download them to your tablet/phone, but do they dload in high res (4k) like you filmed them or are they reduced to 1080? the file size seems small to me?
I think what you're looking at on the phone/tablet will always be at a reduced resolution compared to what is recorded on the sd card. You can up the cache limit to get more footage than the default setting of 2gig if you intend to take a lot of footage that you would like to review on the phone. You can also delete the cache in the settings, and you can opt for the oldest files to be overwritten once you reach your set cache limit so allowing the phone to always record the latest footage you've taken.

Iam trying to get the good 4k video off of the mavics sd card to free up some room. By dloading it to the tablet then puting it on the tablets large sdcard. I guess it does work. im doing this because on vacation i dont want to have to bring a computer and cable it to mavic to get video off. I also could just bring more sdcards and swap them out of the mavic.

Can you not just transfer the footage from your sd card to your tablet with a card reader? Better still onto a pc or laptop and choose what you want to view or edit on your tablet later. You will always be limited in storage space on your tablet other than reading off sd cards. Editing video is data and processor hungry, especially 4K, so your tablet would have to be pretty special to use as your main edit tool.

The video cache on the mobile device is pretty heavily compressed 720p. The play icon does let you download originals (extremely slowly) but not if shot in 4K (would likely be unreasonably slow so they disabled that).

If you don't want to take a laptop you probably want a bunch of microSD cards, or one of those external hard drives with an SD slot that auto-backup the card.

I myself recorded in 4k. Had to transfer it to my laptop to compress it to 1080 to play on iphone... problem is.. it still doesnt show up on iphone to play. This and my ipad are my editing tools but with no footage its useless.

I use 'Sync for DJI' app for downloading 4k video from my Mavic directly on my iPhone. This app allows download video (even in 4K resolution) and images.

so now I don't need to eject SD card from my drone if I want share a few photos on instagram... Very useful app

you can find it on appstore or use link Sync for DJI on the App Store . It's Free.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato