DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Viewing the videos on TV - What do you use ?

NullMind

Reactions
I am awaiting for my Mavic like many others, so while I do, i'd like to know what do you guys use to watch footage from a drone on a 4K TV

I know one can bring the footage to a laptop, edit it and plug the laptop to the TV to watch, but I wonder if there is any device I can just plug to the tv that can read the sd card and play it from there in 4K

Thanks

You can use any of those Android TV boxes. They support 4K. A popular one would be NVIDIA Shield but expensive. You can order a cheeper one from aliexpress.com

The simplest way is pop the SD card out and use a USB card reader..
These will be present on smart 4K TVs if not an Android box will have one.
Note for 4K you really need a USB 3 card reader and USB 3 socket, in fact it might not play at all over standard USB - too slow.
Same goes for playing on a computer - it will typically be jerky if it plays at all unless you download it to the machine first, or can use USB3.

Hi.
I have a Chromecast (about £30) plugged in to spare USB in TV (If you have one)
Download Videostream app to your lappy.
You can then put your sd card in to laptop, navigate to your footage on the sd card through Videostream then it will play straight to your TV via Chromecast.
Hope this helps.
Bob.

1TB usb 3.0 HDD connected to my 78" Samsung JS9500. I just load them to The HDD from the memory card with my MacBook.

It looks amazing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO