DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vinyl covering- the tangerine dream!

Is that a decal or did you paint those eyes.. I like that!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's not my Mavic (waiting for tracking information at this point!) but they're actually stickers. Supposedly you can get them from Buzzflyer but they're a UK website/company and wasn't able to complete checkout.. maybe someone else will have better luck.

Don't like eBay , they and PayPal tried to defraud me last year. Thx, I'll look around and find an alternative

Sent from [emoji211]

You can order directly from TACO, you have to checkout the payment via PayPal but you can do this as an one off payment (without a PP account) by just entering your card details. This is just like any other online payment, they do not store your card details etc...

Mavic Accessories - Taco RC Store

Reactions: duelingglove
Covered my Mavic with Vinyl. Looked great but decided to go back and remove the skin. Turned out to be a disaster. Fortunately tried removing from one of the batteries first. Problem is that the glue does not come off easily. Tried using goof off and made things worse. The glue just spreads, is very difficult to remove and dries white on the Mavic's plastic. Has anyone successfully removed the skins and if not, think twice before installing. May be more permanent than you think.

Reactions: lifeismusic
Where did you purchase them from? I have never experienced this with any skins/wraps I have purchased in the past, gutted for you!

Very disappointing to hear this experience from Taco's wraps particularly.

Greatly appreciate you sharing the "other side" of these wraps (quite literally) as it's not something I considered. I'll have to look at other options when my Mavic gets here next week.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: chippie
Also sorry to hear about the sticky mess. Would heating them up a bit with a hair dryer helped out a bit? Just thinking out loud.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Will try heating first, but suspect may make things worse. Very disappointed. The Mavic surface is textured unlike the Phantoms and that may be the cause. I never had a problem with the Phantoms.

Really hope you get it all sorted! I would drop them a message as well. You really should at least get a refund not to mention a free set once they revise the glue issue (hopefully they will)

IMG_0272.JPG I race R/C Cars (have been for many years) and that is/was my inspiration...

I like the orange-carbon wrap. And the evil-eyes, creative

Reactions: lifeismusic
On another note.. The surface finish on the Mavic isn't exactly 'sticker friendly'. Need decals with good backing...

No. Just the one slot that comes precut under the gimbal-arm side..

But I do plan on buying more domes to drill for cooling. They are in the mail..

Its pretty cool here in So Cal rite now. Low 60s lol...

So I'm not worried about heat just yet.

Reactions: garypj1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada