DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vinyl covering- the tangerine dream!

who makes that reflective tape? any other colors to choose from?

Yes other colors to choose from generic search on Amazon for a reflective tape.
Sorry having a problem posting link without my account darn iPhone but here's a pic

059ba54da9256760df4531e4a3a2e657.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a roll of reflective tape to mark the legs and under side for visibility
bbd7961a2d534c2dfd909383d060ca40.jpg

Just careful where you place this tape. It may hinder the GPS as it is reflective.

Reactions: lifeismusic
Ok was planing on the front legs/antennas maybe not such a good idea and part of the under belly ?
Not sure. Do some test. I wouldn't do the 2 front landing legs (all 4 arms would be ok). I heard there is ocustink antennas in them.

@Mem:Thanks for the update !

And:
Reflective spots are also very helpful to find it at night using a bright LED lamp (like Cree)...

Ender

I have some reflective tape and it is not metallic so would doubt very much it would interfere with any signal at all.
However the adhesive on the one I have (3M, actually a very dark grey nearly black and very reflective but it does not have the honeycomb finish) is extremely strong, much stronger than any wrap or skin I have come across. I would just be a little cautious with it. No idea what exposure to cold/heat would do to the adhesive. Remember, wraps are designed to be removable with no residue (we have already seen that is not the case with the different texture on the Mavic), I would hate to think what might happen with the tape which is not designed to be easily removed. Hopefully it will be ok but I would test some on a battery for an extended period before putting it all over the Mavic itself.

I just bought a roll of reflective tape to mark the legs and under side for visibility
bbd7961a2d534c2dfd909383d060ca40.jpg

That's what I did too ! Brushed some trees trying to manually land it yesterday and it did like the video, auto corrected and landed with no issues!

Sent from [emoji211]

So I got this off eBay! It's super high quality... pretty cool I think
08523cfebdfff350b1053489a78ebc8a.jpg
3a109d6e7622913e3e0450ab9b5f1334.jpg
ac30c63fa409a986af63fe9405c85080.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
How are your skins staying on so far. I got the same ones, or at least they look the same but they don't seem to stick well in some areas like where the folds are. You have any tips on keeping them from slowly peeling off? Also have you flown it out in the cold yet? Does the cold make them peel off as well?

How are your skins staying on so far. I got the same ones, or at least they look the same but they don't seem to stick well in some areas like where the folds are. You have any tips on keeping them from slowly peeling off? Also have you flown it out in the cold yet? Does the cold make them peel off as well?

I think the general rule is to take a hairdryer to them and apply pressure where needed.

Reactions: ocatcr
Reactions: garypj1
I stumbled upon this Japanese company on youtube. This is exactly the type of skin Ive been looking for. Unfortunately no more details on their product or when it'll be available in the US (apparently they're launching an english website in January 2017).

DRONEWRAP JAPAN

That wrap is interesting..... If somehow they can manufacture a wrap that will look like it is painted on (seams virtual invisible) then they will have a Hit on their hands.
I only see a video, so no way to really get a close up look on how well it is applied....

I stumbled upon this Japanese company on youtube. This is exactly the type of skin Ive been looking for. Unfortunately no more details on their product or when it'll be available in the US (apparently they're launching an english website in January 2017).

DRONEWRAP JAPAN

Check out iCarbons.com. They have Mavic skins. A bit more expensive but they have really good products as I've used on other devices. Below is link to Mavic page. Also have controller only skin. It also be cool to put matching wrap on tablet or phone as they do those too.

Mavic Pro Skins - Carbon Fiber

I have Taco's but have been hesitant to put on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji