DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vinyl covering- the tangerine dream!

Check out iCarbons.com. They have Mavic skins. A bit more expensive but they have really good products as I've used on other devices. Below is link to Mavic page. Also have controller only skin. It also be cool to put matching wrap on tablet or phone as they do those too.

Mavic Pro Skins - Carbon Fiber

I have Taco's but have been hesitant to put on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice find but $14 for just the battery skin! That is really steep, I have 8 batteries :-( lol

Reactions: Wersh
So I got this off eBay! It's super high quality... pretty cool I think
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for the idea.I cut my own and it makes a difference spotting it at a distance now.
IMG_20161216_061958.jpg

OK I know the obvious con would be permanent but could I paint the drobe direct with say car paint with the elastic additive they use for bumpers to stop paint splitting

That is really nice thetjshow! Where did you get that kit?

I'm from sunny Singapore and there's a site but it's in Chinese and I'm not sure if they ship to all parts of the world. Taobao.com

They have aalllll sorts of stuff there like for every **** thing it's crazy. See if u can have a way to have it translated or there's an English version of the site I've never meddled around actually just got a Chinese speaking mate to order for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Five-O
Does anyone have a cut sheet with the measurements of each face of the Mavic? I have a vinyl cutting machine but do not have the dimensions for all the sides.

Covered my Mavic with Vinyl. Looked great but decided to go back and remove the skin. Turned out to be a disaster. Fortunately tried removing from one of the batteries first. Problem is that the glue does not come off easily. Tried using goof off and made things worse. The glue just spreads, is very difficult to remove and dries white on the Mavic's plastic. Has anyone successfully removed the skins and if not, think twice before installing. May be more permanent than you think.

Try methylated spirits
I make vinyl stickers for a living

On another note.. The surface finish on the Mavic isn't exactly 'sticker friendly'. Need decals with good backing...

Vinyl should be a good quality 50 micron cast vinyl not polymeric vinyl as this is not conformable to curves cast vinyl is very conformable

I use this at work for wrapping cars

Glue on cheap vinyls is usually water based water and detergent are good to clean up

Meths works best tho

Reactions: thetjshow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60