DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Sensor Calibration issues

AAC_MX

Reactions
Hi

Been getting 'sys warning' on my remote so decided to calibrate my vision sensors (front and bottom) with dji assistant 2.

Tried 15 times now on my Mac and every time i get a failure at 85%

Tried it on my windows PC too and that just hund at 85% (didn't fail, but i gave up after 45 mins of it hanging at 85%)

Screenshot-2017-03-26-18.39.42.png

any help would be great as i'm really struggling. i've spent the whole day at my laptop trying to get it to work whilst the conditions outside were perfect, and i basically can;t use it until its solved. i flew if 3 weeks ago, now this :(

PROBLEM SOLVED

hahaha, turns out i still had a little plastic sticker over one of the front vision sensors! unbelievable

thats 4 hours of my life i won't get back lol
cheers all

I have flown my Mavic Pro for about 10 hours now and recently got the same warning about sensor calibration. I also have a Mac and tried to use the Assistant 2 to calibrate and I continually see the same calibration error on my monitor as shown above. I can't see any plastic stickers on the front vision sensors, so wonder if someone else can give me any tips on the problem. I looked at the YouTube video describing the calibration process and it is nothing like I see on my Assistant 2 software?

Reactions: Diamond Bayou
While you are calibrating what do the pictures in the bottom left look like?
Ok, blurred, wonky, no image?

I don't see black dots on my monitor like the guy did on the YouTube video. I only see a blue box that moves and you are supposed to follow it around the monitor. It always seems to fail when I do it with the Mavic facing the monitor. Weird how the calibration is nothing like the demo on YouTube.

it works on mine which is set to 1366x768 but try which work for you, there's normally a list of 5-10 different resolutions that your graphics card/monitor will support

After i enter screen size. I get the calibration screen with not dots
91eff65caef957845315cdd9168c82db.jpg

It's very frustrating. I know. I've tried changing the resolution on my screen. Different computers and monitors. At this point I'm not sure if it computer, software, or quadcopter issue.

To anyone who has successfully recalibrated the vision system.
What OS are you using and what screen resolution?

I am beginning to think that the two green dots in the lower left corner show left and right means the sensors are OK and don't need calibration even if I get a red warning when launching DJI app before flying. Don't see any problems so far flying or RTH issues.

I am beginning to think that the two green dots in the lower left corner show left and right means the sensors are OK and don't need calibration even if I get a red warning when launching DJI app before flying. Don't see any problems so far flying or RTH issues.
I don't think so. My flys great until it's headed at a wall or tree. Before the era it would worn me of an optical and hover. Now I'm sure it would crash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User