DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VPS Clearence

ksull72487

Reactions
Okay so I figured it out. Obviously some Mavics had downward VPS issues which got me reading into it. My Mavic always says 0.3 FT clearance but when I switch the Units from Imperial to Metric it says 0.1 Meters. This is normal . 0.1 M is equal to about 0.3 FT. The Mavic will think the ground is about 2-4 inches away from the ground when on the ground. Feel free to chime in.

The Short Story is the Mavic always reads Meters and then does the math to convert to feet. It never reads feet so you will never see 0 or close to 0 on feet.

Knowing this will help you determine what 0 is on your Mavic and proper function of downward VPS when on ground.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Riddle me this... I was roughly 50' in the air and clearance read 4.9'-5.5'. Is that normal?

The altitude is correct, but "clearance" never shows more than 5'.

Yeah I did a little test switching the units from Imperial to Metric etc. Switching to Meters shows 0.1 M on VPS Clearance. As soon as you switch to feet it shows 0.3 FT. So in short your Mavic will never show zero or close to zero on FT. It's programmed to use Meters and then when a user switches to Imperial it just does the conversion

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: bri808
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121