DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VR App For Homido VR Goggles That Works On Mavic

MontanaMavic

Reactions
The VR Drone app works on the Phantoms, but I didn't see the Mavic on the list to connect. Can someone tell me if there is a VR App for the Mavic Pro?
The Homido VR Goggles are goggles similar to the Google Cardboard Goggles. You simply connect your iPhone with the app and the Drone and it has 2 screens that make it immersive and life like to fly. It's simply like FPV except it's displayed on the iPhone screen as two little screens and viewed through high quality lenses.

Homido-VR-2.jpg

Last edited:
It is. They do "work off the controller" since you put your phone, which is connected to the controller, in your goggles.

OK, I stand corrected. So you're saying Litchi has a Virtual Reality Mode with split screen?

I bought the Litchi App last year when I had my Phantom 3 Advanced but did't fly with it because I kept reading about people crashing their drones using the app. Has it been improved that you know of?

I've flew with a group of guys on Sunday who were using the HOMIDO goggles and the Litchi app on their Mavics. Only minor complaint was that it was a little "laggy".

I have heard that you can get the lag if your device processor isn't fast enough. I'm wondering if we can use picture in picture using the iPhone camera to get a visual from the pilot's point of view.

I have heard that you can get the lag if your device processor isn't fast enough. I'm wondering if we can use picture in picture using the iPhone camera to get a visual from the pilot's point of view.
Not sure if a slow processor was the issue, keep in mind that these goggles only sell for $60. So you get what you pay for. I fly my P4P+ with my Fat Sharks connected via a HDMI cable and the difference is night & day compared to the "cardboard box" method.

EPSON is working on the BT-300 glasses, but there seems to be a delay in the release and they're about $700. Without a HDMI output on the Mavic there is nothing available. You can buy a NVIDIA Shield tablet ($200) which has HDMI out then use the Fatsharks with it.

DJI is coming out with their own goggle specifically for the Mavic. It will be wireless.
But who knows what the wait or the cost will be.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803