Wanna Be a ROGUE Pilot

Discussion in 'sUAV Rules & Regulations' started by Cookedinlh, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Cookedinlh

Cookedinlh Well-Known Member

If you think getting a cool YouTube video is worth doing this . . I would hope you don't fall in with these guys. These are not balloon sightings . . . . this is seriously wrong.

upload_2016-12-1_8-17-19.png
    [​IMG]

2. Bryan Conover

Bryan Conover Member

Some of the worst ghetto neighborhoods on the planet exist right below that flight path. I'd imagine people are creating these incident reports...seems very high.

3. fschilder

fschilder Member

drone sightings explained :)

Attached Files:

Pluto88888, Kilrah and niclariv like this.
  4. Drone Runner

Drone Runner Active Member

Serious question, since all "modern" DJI craft are limited to 1600 feet, and DJI holds about 90% of the consumer drone market (excluding toys) can we assume that about half of these are either rogue/intentional P2 & or homebuilt flyers (unlikely?) or merely balloons or plastic bags.
    And if about half of these can't be modern drones isn't it likely that significantly more are falsely identified as such as well.

I live within 3 miles from an airfield and regularly see balloons and birds flying well into the aircraft airspace (above 500 feet) daily, I imagine all sorts of pilot reports are made up from conjecture.

Cookedinlh likes this.
  5. Cookedinlh

Cookedinlh Well-Known Member

Have to disagree Runner . . .I've read virtually every near-miss report that pilots and ground crew have logged since Jan 2016 (in Canada) and after reading the descriptions and circumstances around those sightings, I'd suggest that at least 2 out of three are recognizable 4-8 rotor machines in places that they have no business being . . . unless their goal is to bring down an airplane. I'll wager a bet that the first "drone-strike" does not bring down a 747 . . there may even be several before a major disaster happens . . I could be wrong, and the first one that hits a plane takes a hundred lives with it . . . . but that's no reason not to take this seriously.