DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning beep whenever I reduce throttle

saudio

Reactions
Can't figure this one out and it just began. When I'm traveling full throttle and reduce throttle to zero, the remote beeps until the speed gets to zero. Any ideas why that is happening?

Reactions: drmort
I'll give this one bump in case anybody has any idea what might be causing this.

Thanks

I have the same issue. Interested to see if anyone can shed some light on this.

Mavic Firmware and DJI go 4 version?

I'm still running 4.0.8 and I don't have this issue..

Is it. Showing a warning on the screen when this happens?

Is it. Showing a warning on the screen when this happens?

In my case, nothing that stands out. Certainly not on the iPad but I've been trying to notice if there was something on the RC screen. Can't see anything obvious.

I would recommend going into the flight logs in dji4 and replaying the flight and you will see warnings pop up during playback

AC 550, app 4.0.8
No warnings on ipad, flight logs in app don't show anything out of the ordinary. I'll fly today and note when/If it happens again

Here is a vid of the controller when the weird beeping happens. I can't see any warnings pop up. And as far as I know I'm using the latest firmware and latest version of Go.

Try to disable obstacle avoidance and try again...
It's already disabled. And the beeping happens only when I reduce throttle. I had that problem with obstacle avoidance thinking the sun was an obstacle so I turned if off. But I appreciate any ideas. I'm just glad it's happening to someone else so I can presume it's a software bug.

Reactions: Alex S.
Did you add leg extenders or anything to the drone? On deceleration it is likely tipping nose down a bit and maybe the back extender is loose that it is swinging down so the ground avoidance is seeing it? It's a lot of ifs.....

Right stick is not throttle it's forward pitch but it sounds like the braking tone which it would do when you let off .

Reactions: _milo_
Braking tone? Does yours do this too? Why would it need to emit a tone to tell me it's braking? And mine never did this until I did the last firmware upgrade.

That's the "emergency stop" braking beep. If you let go of the stick instantly it assumes you want to stop ASAP instead of braking smoothly like what happens when you return the stick to center "normally" (progressively). It also does that if obstacle avoidance kicks in or if the Pause button is pressed (acts as emergency stop too).

That's the "emergency stop" braking beep. If you let go of the stick instantly it assumes you want to stop ASAP instead of braking smoothly like what happens when you return the stick to center "normally" (progressively). It also does that if obstacle avoidance kicks in or if the Pause button is pressed (acts as emergency stop too).

So that is normal? I still don't understand why pilot controlled braking is something that requires a warning tone. What is it warning me of? But thanks very much for the information. Now I need to figure out a way to disable those speakers. I stop suddenly a lot in normal flight.

This is happening to me also. Glad to know it's not just me and it's (probably) nothing terminal. Very annoying though. Happens every time unless I'm very careful about throttling down slowly,

Try to reduce the braking value from 130 to 100 or 90. See if the beeps gone. 130 is way too abrupt.

Reactions: Daaave

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada