DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WARNING - DJI Goggle Scam On Amazon

Why does he feel stupid? Amazon has a zero questions asked 30 day return policy. Amazon's return policy is extremely hostile to sellers to the point you can return stuff you've intentionally damaged and Amazon will still force the seller to refund.

This is a non issue, just start an A-Z return.

Reactions: HarryMerkin
I surely would feel stupid if I bought it without checking prices anywhere else. In fact, I would be too embarrassed to tell anyone. I would think he would have better things to do than spend his time returning stuff to Amazon because he was ignorant and didn't check prices.

I surely would feel stupid if I bought it without checking prices anywhere else. In fact, I would be too embarrassed to tell anyone. I would think he would have better things to do than spend his time returning stuff to Amazon because he was ignorant and didn't check prices.

We make mistakes, it's part of life. And would have better things to do than return to Amazon? Have you ever had to do one? Besides sitting on your butt doing nothing it is the easiest return process ever. Literally, sign in, go to orders and click return and select the reason you want to return.

Couldn't be easier. In fact, if he paid darn near $2000 for this and doesn't return it that would be a poorer decision than the initial purchase.

Yes, I have returned things to Amazon, but not because I didn't shop first. I know it's an easy process, but think out of the bottle. When you return things, someone is going to eat the shipping costs. That extra cost in turn will drive prices up, not to mention needless wasted energy spent.

Yes, I have returned things to Amazon, but not because I didn't shop first. I know it's an easy process, but think out of the bottle. When you return things, someone is going to eat the shipping costs. That extra cost in turn will drive prices up, not to mention waste full and needless wasted energy.

If the guy wants to return it, he should return it (I would be but then again I wouldn't have paid that price in the first place). The return process is easy, buyer would be paying return shipping unless it is defective. The price is four times the normal price, so I'd say the seller already drove the price up.

Reactions: HarryMerkin
It's called Predatory Sales Scamming. Right on, I think stupidity shopping would be a better term ... LOL

Reactions: warlock 31
It's called Predatory Sales Scamming. Right on, I think stupidity shopping would be a better term ... LOL
100% agree...I actually posted a link to this item a few days back warning everyone here.

100% agree...I actually posted a link to this item a few days back warning everyone here.
I wonder why Amazon allows sellers like that to post such un-realistically priced items on their site. It doesn't look good for them. They are supporting the predatory sellers.

Oh, and thanks for thinking of others by alerting them to these predators.

I wonder why Amazon allows sellers like that to post such un-realistically priced items on their site. It doesn't look good for them. They are supporting the predatory sellers.
Bottom line is that the buyer knew prior to purchase the cost of the item and he decided to commit.

The reviewer did not purchase them - they just left a review, like everyone else there warning people not to pay the ridiculous price.

If he had, it would say "Verified Purchase" on the review. There's no need to feel sorry for him.

So he's a troll...here's an excerpt from his comment: "I wish I'd bought them there. Instead, I paid $1400 too much. I feel so stupid."

I don't see how the term predatory comes into.
Goods are offered at a price. Customer chooses to buy or not.

Maybe it's a US terms but I thought the US was a free country so surely the seller is free to charge what he/she wants. Whether or not they sell any is a different matter.

I don't see how the term predatory comes into.
Goods are offered at a price. Customer chooses to buy or not.

Maybe it's a US terms but I thought the US was a free country so surely the seller is free to charge what he/she wants. Whether or not they sell any is a different matter.

This is another symptom of the decline in the US. In this country it is unreasonable to ask people to be responsible for their own actions so we have terms like "predatory selling".

Anyone that willingly overpays in the age of the internet is a fool, plain and simple. No one should sympathize with this type of stupidity as it encourages it.

Anyone that willingly overpays in the age of the internet is a fool, plain and simple. No one should sympathize with this type of stupidity as it encourages it.

In a perfect scenario that would be fine, however the world is not made up of all tech savvy people. The world is made up of many different types, such as older ones who fall prey to this type of thing more frequently because their mental faculties are not what they once were.

Making sweeping statements like this is a poor choice of action.

Note he also says that BH has them in stock, no waiting - which is of course false.

This is another symptom of the decline in the US. In this country it is unreasonable to ask people to be responsible for their own actions so we have terms like "predatory selling".

Not just the US. We have the same blame culture in the UK. Never heard of the term predatory selling though.

In a perfect scenario that would be fine, however the world is not made up of all tech savvy people. The world is made up of many different types, such as older ones who fall prey to this type of thing more frequently because their mental faculties are not what they once were.

Making sweeping statements like this is a poor choice of action.

You don't have to be tech savvy to see your being over charged and older people generally wouldn't be spending any amount of money on DJI goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag