DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning IMU heading exception in flight please switch to Atti mode

Aidyheaney

Reactions
had a crash with my mavic it was 200ft up and 400ft away in LOS at all times I banked right and the warning came up lost gps Atti mode then another warning IMU heading exception in flight switch to Atti mode if craft behaves abnormally (using) to with I had no input on the sticks it took of on me heading for a residential area to which I had no control I would like to know why it done this on a £1000 quad you think there would be more failsafes on board now am left with a damaged quad and waiting for DJI to get back to me just wondering did this ever happen to anyone else

I had the same experience. I had noticed that the drone had not been flying straight the day before. So I did a full firmware, IMU, compass and controller calibration to try and resolve. On the following flight the "non-straight flying" continued but everything else seemed the same. All looked good, on locked on to 18 satellites. But then when I had flown out 250m and turned to come back I suddenly got "Weak GPS" & "IMU Heading exception Warning" and went into ATTI mode. After a few seconds, it seemed to regain GPS. But then when coming into land 1 min later. The same thing happened. It was over a clear field in line of sight at 20-40m high. Looking at flight playback, looks like full throttle for most of flight and full throttle and full turn for a second or so just before 1st loss of signal.
I have flown a Phantom for about a year, but still really a learner. I have just sent it straight back to DJI as I don't think it should do this or is safe. It feels exactly like many of the other recorded events on the web. I will let you know what DJI say when they have analysed / fixed my drone.

Reactions: Keule
It would really help if you could use DJI Assistant to get the .DAT file off the Mavic. We need to see what it recorded.

2nd time : ATTI mode - Satellite drop

Attachments

• 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 68
It would really help if you could use DJI Assistant to get the .DAT file off the Mavic. We need to see what it recorded.

Thanks - As I said, the Mavic is with DJI Repair Centre at the moment. I can upload it if they send my original Mavic back.

You would think dji would give us a way to switch to atti mode manually so we can when warnings like this show up! I think this is totally unacceptable. I feel if people could switch the may be more prone to do so. And learn to get comfortable with it in this mode. And possibly reduce the panic when it switches on it's on. Just say n

Reactions: Skyhawk F4F
IMG_0998.JPG There is a total difference when flying the mavic compared to the phantom in Atti mode because you can control the phantom but the mavic was uncontrollable so I am waiting on DJI to get back to me to see if they are going to sort my mavic I only had it 3days before it crashed 21 satellites and no GPS at 204ft high something badly wrong so one at the guys at DJI support told me if it lost signal through no fault of mine DJI will stand by it thank god I screen shot that conversation

You would think dji would give us a way to switch to atti mode manually so we can when warnings like this show up! I think this is totally unacceptable. I feel if people could switch the may be more prone to do so. And learn to get comfortable with it in this mode. And possibly reduce the panic when it switches on it's on. Just say n
Totally agree. This was a debate a couple of months ago, but obviously DJI isn't listening or doesn't care. Since so many folks are newbies with the Mavic, they don't know HOW to fly in ATTI mode and can't easily practice. It can be quite unsettling to suddenly go from GPS to ATTI.

Yes but is it covers under warranty or do you have to pay to get it fixed

Why would it not be warranty? It has developed a fault when it is 8 weeks old without any damage by user. Why would I need to pay?

Why would it not be warranty? It has developed a fault when it is 8 weeks old without any damage by user. Why would I need to pay?
I haven't sent mine back to DJI yet it was only 3 days old when it crashed with me they are very slow to reply

Heard back from DJI. They ar replacing the Flight Controller ESC under warranty for free :

Item Quantity Unit Price(EUR) Total Nett(EUR)
Flight controller ESC board 1 56.20 56.20

Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 56.20
Discount: -56.20
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Sub Total Payment: 0.00
VAT(at 21%): 0.00
Grand Total Payment:0.00

Heard back from DJI. They ar replacing the Flight Controller ESC under warranty for free :

Item Quantity Unit Price(EUR) Total Nett(EUR)
Flight controller ESC board 1 56.20 56.20

Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 56.20
Discount: -56.20
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Sub Total Payment: 0.00
VAT(at 21%): 0.00
Grand Total Payment:0.00
DJI are also replacing my mavic I had to send the crash one off they took responsibility for the crash think the worst bit is waiting for its return

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS