DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was very satisfied with DJIGO App...downloaded DJI GO4 : DISASTER, multiples disconnections !!!

KONY

Reactions
Hello i have my MAVIC since 4 months now using DJI GO original app.
SAMSUNG Galaxy S6.

Yesterday as i saw a pop up message by DJI informing the fact that they will abandon DJI GO, i decided to download, on the same phone, the latest version of DJI GO4 : 4.0.2

And it has been a disaster . In the single day of yesterday i had around 7 disconnections in flight...where basically i lost control of the MAVIC and the remote control became unresponsive (even pressing RTH button was having no effect): only option was to restart the Remote control during flight (and hearing the RTH activated itself during that critical time)

very scary !!!

I had never had disconnections with DJI GO APP in more than 4 Months so i was really concerned to see so many disconnections in just 2 single flights !!

What's interesting is that after a few discos, i decided to go back flying using the DJI GO original app (while the DJI GO4 was still installed on the phone). and i also experienced some discos with the old app.

This led me to believe that maybe some conflicts were being created by the co-existence of those 2 apps on my GALAXY S6 (even if i was "killing" 1 in the task manager before using the other)

Anyway, tired of all this i decided to completely uninstall DJI GO 4 and , MIRACLE, flying was stable again with DJI GO3 without further disconnections.

Has anyone experienced some conflicts having those 2 apps installed on a samsung galaxy S6 ?

For the time being i will not re-install DJIGO4 but i'm concerned for the future, when there will be no updates for DJI GO3...

thanx

Your RCs ability to connect to the Mavic is not impacted by what app the phone has. The phone is simply receiving data from the RC.

Reactions: Harrisonw
Your RCs ability to connect to the Mavic is not impacted by what app the phone has. The phone is simply receiving data from the RC.

ok but what does this mean exactly in regards to the many disconnections i suffered from right after installing the new app

same disconnections which were non existent before i installed DJI GO4

I have no idea, it could just be a coincidence, but the app is just a data read/sender bound by a wire. I highly doubt the GO app is telling the RC to disconnect for ***** and giggles.

You could experiment however. If you get a disconnect with the Go 4 app, unplug the phone from the RC and see what happens.

Reactions: OleBoy
^^^no coincidence possible here :

maybe you are not aware but DJI GO4 has created many cases of disconnections...it's well documented on the forum

in some cases it was affecting mainly SAMSUNG GALAXY S7

they said the latest android firmware (the one i installed) solved that supposedly...

I have a S6

^^^no coincidence possible here :

maybe you are not aware but DJI GO4 has created many cases of disconnections...it's well documented on the forum

in some cases it was affecting mainly SAMSUNG GALAXY S7

they said the latest android firmware (the one i installed) solved that supposedly...

I have a S6
Yes, video feed disconnects, not remote control disconnects. Video feed disconnects is something different as that is the app processing signal data from the RC. It must have a higher threshold for signal stability. But an RC doesn't simply disconnect based on the app using it. That's like saying the RC disconnects if you shut your phone off while flying.

I'm using IOS but Andart posted this on another thread, I saved it for a friend to try but anyway check the below post, and see if that might help.

"I'm no expert . But I fly Samsung 7 edge and also spoken to other android users , this has solved all disconnect issues but could be coincidence .
It's simply how your go4 app opens , when i used to have to open the app manually I got crash and disconnect issues .
After speaking to some one I un-installed app and reinstalled , the first time it connects it opens on its own and a tick box gives app permission to always open on its own . I must of missed this the first time .
So now I plug phone into RC then start drone and controler and the app opens on its own . Since this is never have a disconnect . Further proof to me is that I manually turn off app then open it myself and had a disconnect again , so for me and like I said I'm no expert and this could all be coincidence but when app auto opens I have no problems . Also I do not fly in airplane mode and I don't turn off background apps .
I'd appreciate more feed back to see if it is a reel answer so any experts please let me know also if anyone has disconnect issues please check if your app auto opens or you manually open it .
Obviously if there are people who's apps auto open and still get disconnect then It's just a coincidence"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK thanx for the answer cyberpower

but if it's only disconnection of video feed and not the RC, then why when i triggered the RTH button (the one located on the Remote control) nothing happened...i did it multiple times without any reaction, and then decided to restarted completely the remote and got back connection

and by the way, i know video feed disconnections, because i experienced them in the past, the screen usually start by going black and white. this was not the case yesterday

On another note , during those flights yesterday, there was (on top of the phone screen of the DJII GO app) a mention of "HD" constantly flashing

it was the first time i noticed this mention was flashing...after landing i went to check if the HD feed was lower and it was well 720.

But during following flight, it was still flashing

thank you milo for your inpout, i'll try that

maybe one mention: yesterday i was flying in airplane mode on my phone...maybe that is part of the problem but i've done it in the past without problem so still wondering

will try your tip anyway

maybe one mention: yesterday i was flying in airplane mode on my phone...maybe that is part of the problem but i've done it in the past without problem so still wondering

will try your tip anyway

No shouldn't be a problem, flying in airplane mode helps eliminates some issues, that's how I fly when I use my phone, the only problem is if you fly into an area with airspace warning that you have to authorize, where you need data to confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KONY
I've flown my MP about a dozen times in three weeks and had one app crash. It came back on and started by itself and video and controls were back in less than 10 seconds.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Hello i have my MAVIC since 4 months now using DJI GO original app.
SAMSUNG Galaxy S6.

Yesterday as i saw a pop up message by DJI informing the fact that they will abandon DJI GO, i decided to download, on the same phone, the latest version of DJI GO4 : 4.0.2

And it has been a disaster . In the single day of yesterday i had around 7 disconnections in flight...where basically i lost control of the MAVIC and the remote control became unresponsive (even pressing RTH button was having no effect): only option was to restart the Remote control during flight (and hearing the RTH activated itself during that critical time)

very scary !!!

I had never had disconnections with DJI GO APP in more than 4 Months so i was really concerned to see so many disconnections in just 2 single flights !!

What's interesting is that after a few discos, i decided to go back flying using the DJI GO original app (while the DJI GO4 was still installed on the phone). and i also experienced some discos with the old app.

This led me to believe that maybe some conflicts were being created by the co-existence of those 2 apps on my GALAXY S6 (even if i was "killing" 1 in the task manager before using the other)

Anyway, tired of all this i decided to completely uninstall DJI GO 4 and , MIRACLE, flying was stable again with DJI GO3 without further disconnections.

Has anyone experienced some conflicts having those 2 apps installed on a samsung galaxy S6 ?

For the time being i will not re-install DJIGO4 but i'm concerned for the future, when there will be no updates for DJI GO3...

thanx
Yes! I only use 3 on my s7 edge. 4 works fine on my IPad mini 2.

ok Andrew so you never used DJI4 on your samsung right ?

will try your tip anyway
No. Not part of the problem. Airplane mode is great.

OK thanx for the answer cyberpower

but if it's only disconnection of video feed and not the RC, then why when i triggered the RTH button (the one located on the Remote control) nothing happened...i did it multiple times without any reaction, and then decided to restarted completely the remote and got back connection

and by the way, i know video feed disconnections, because i experienced them in the past, the screen usually start by going black and white. this was not the case yesterday

On another note , during those flights yesterday, there was (on top of the phone screen of the DJII GO app) a mention of "HD" constantly flashing

it was the first time i noticed this mention was flashing...after landing i went to check if the HD feed was lower and it was well 720.

But during following flight, it was still flashing
When you pushed the RTH button, did you hold it down? Otherwise it won't respond. As for icons flashing, it means there's signal interference during the flight.

When you pushed the RTH button, did you hold it down? Otherwise it won't respond. As for icons flashing, it means there's signal interference during the flight.

right i was not hlding it, just pushing !!! now i will know thank you

ok for the interference, a police headquarter was not far ; and also a themepark. maybe the reason

but question : is it OK to have both apps (DJI GO and DJI GO4) installed on the same phone ?

maybe my issues are resulting from conflicts in between them

but question : is it OK to have both apps (DJI GO and DJI GO4) installed on the same phone ?

maybe my issues are resulting from conflicts in between them

Admittedly, this might be a Samsung issue, rather than a wider Android issue. But I run with a Sony Z3, and so far at least have had no disco issues at all. (on DJI Go 4.03) . I also haven't set Go to open automatically as I also fly with Litchi. Having said all that I now only have Go4 installed on the phone, so perhaps that might be it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
right i was not hlding it, just pushing !!! now i will know thank you

ok for the interference, a police headquarter was not far ; and also a themepark. maybe the reason

Possibly. Police stations have long range communication systems and theme parks have lots of metallic object.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's the reason I'm still flying with GO3. Not a single issue in months. Downloaded new GO4 but most of the disconnection issues I've been reading everywhere say it was on 4, so I didn't even try it. I'll keep using what's working until things stabilize.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada