DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watercolour videos and pictures.

Fonejacker

Reactions
After all the chats around this I'm still none the wiser with regards to this being a faulty Mavic or setting issue. I've read through most of the threads and it looks like pictures are best when shot in RAW but that still doesn't answer any watercolouring on videos?

Does anyone know? My videos look good but it wasn't until I've been an inch from my 4K tv that i realised that the video had a similar feel to the photos.

Unfortunately I can't get hold of DJI as their chat is down but just wanting to know if this is faulty or not.

Attached is an image. Settings are shot in JPEG/-1 -1 -1/unedited. Would greatly appreciate thoughts on what to do.

Attachments

• DJI_0003.JPG
    DJI_0003.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 49
Stop worrying I think, if you get close to the 4K TV most videos are far from perfect and clearly the Mavic's small size has limitations but many advantages regarding portability.

After all the chats around this I'm still none the wiser with regards to this being a faulty Mavic or setting issue. I've read through most of the threads and it looks like pictures are best when shot in RAW but that still doesn't answer any watercolouring on videos?

Does anyone know? My videos look good but it wasn't until I've been an inch from my 4K tv that i realised that the video had a similar feel to the photos.

Unfortunately I can't get hold of DJI as their chat is down but just wanting to know if this is faulty or not.

Attached is an image. Settings are shot in JPEG/-1 -1 -1/unedited. Would greatly appreciate thoughts on what to do.
I had this issue. Out of the box video footage was perfect. Quality subsequently declined over several flights and one firmware update. Water colour effect. Focus issues. Mushy video especially on trees. Researched a lot, tried the Recalibrate route. Fixed it by rolling back the firmware to the earliest version availible. Recalibrated IMU Etc. Footage returned to perfect again. (Therefore proving this isn't a hardware issue). Like a pc getting corrupted over time I suspect the firmware updates are conflicting with each other. Dilema now is that I want to fly with the latest firmware to guarantee that the Mavic is safe, but suspect that the image will degrade again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121