DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ways to disable GPS function!! Please urgent!!

Tekkieflippo

Reactions
Ways to disable GPS function!! Please urgent!!

Has anybody by now figured out a way to diasble the gps function and fly in pure atti mode deliberately?

This can be very welcome, for example while indoor flying or with but KPI indexes (sunstorms) among other reasons. Personnally I have to do a test for drone-pilot attestation in Belgium for which I have to do flying maneuvers (funnels and eightfigures etc) in Atti mode.

I don't feel like screwing open the Mavic and pulling out the gps chip dentist-style ;-)

So please suggest Grtz

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Tekkieflippo...if you fly indoors,the Mavic will be in Atti mode automatically because there is not enough gps reception ? Am i wrong? (Ps,i'm also from belgium,where to register for a license?)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Aluminum foil is too thin you need something a little thicker to cover the top rear just behind the battery.

You can't do so intentionally and reliably on the Mavic, period.
If your exam needs ATTI maneuvers you need a machine that can be forced into ATTI mode.
The Mavic will still try to use OPTI whenever it can even if you managed to reliably block GPS.

You can't do so intentionally and reliably on the Mavic, period.
If your exam needs ATTI maneuvers you need a machine that can be forced into ATTI mode.
The Mavic will still try to use OPTI whenever it can even if you managed to reliably block GPS.

Yeah but you can shut that off in the menu.

Go to this site and look for Stick E Shield. That or any of the other shielding fabrics should work better than aluminum foil to block gps signals.

I don't know how your exams work in your country... but if I was designing them you'd fail instantly for trying to do this and showing you're going to use random unapproved tricks to try and get a machine to do something it's not intended for instead of using the right tool for the job.

When they unveiled the Mavic Pro in the video - it was indoors. How'd they get it to fly so stable there? They surely didn't have a good GPS signal then?
I tried flying twice inside. The first time I had good satellite reception near my windows. But as soon as I went away from them - it switched GPS off into Atti. Then things got wacky. It all of a sudden started backing up toward a chair and I had to land it. Haven't flown inside since.

Reactions: larkin
For the demo they very likely made sure that there was no GPS signal AND that it couldn't be acquired in flight (could even have "cheated" with custom firmware with GPS completely disabled to ensure that couldn't happen and ruin the demo), AND set up perfect floor patterns and lighting to ensure OPTI is reliable.

When you're in OPTI and everything is stable it works well and flies perfectly indoors... BUT behavior is very sketchy if the various input signals come and go, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen in real world scenarios.

Borrow someone's Syma, or Hubsan. They're perfect for demonstrating that YOU can stabilize and orient the aircraft without silly optical or GPS sensors.

Borrow someone's Syma, or Hubsan. They're perfect for demonstrating that YOU can stabilize and orient the aircraft without silly optical or GPS sensors.

Probably right. I need a smaller drone for indoor fun. Any recommendations for a real stable drone to buzz around in the house?

When they unveiled the Mavic Pro in the video - it was indoors. How'd they get it to fly so stable there? They surely didn't have a good GPS signal then?
I tried flying twice inside. The first time I had good satellite reception near my windows. But as soon as I went away from them - it switched GPS off into Atti. Then things got wacky. It all of a sudden started backing up toward a chair and I had to land it. Haven't flown inside since.

Make sure the room is bright, especially the floor. Once you have P-OPTI then the Mavic will become rock solid for indoor flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters