DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We are limited by our controller!!!

asuwrestler

Reactions
So what i have concluded is that you are limited to flying by your controller battery....here is why, your iPhone can have a charging case on it that will make it last for hours, such as a Mophie, you can have as many batteries as you want so you are not limited there, but where your problem is, that once your controller battery runs out, flying is done, at least for a couple hours because you cant charge your controller at the same time as you fly, does this sound right?

Also and correct me if i am wrong, your controller will last about 3 fully charged Mavic batteries....

Reactions: NOLA-J
You can plug a battery pack into the controller to give it more juice. Just plug your device (phone/tablet) into the USB on the bottom and then plug a battery into the side port using a micro-usb cable.

Reactions: Rangerdave
From what i concluded you cant, now there is a video out there that shows a guy configuring a setup to do all that, but from what i understand you cannot fly and charge at the same time on the controller...

You can plug a battery pack into the controller to give it more juice. Just plug your device (phone/tablet) into the USB on the bottom and then plug a battery into the side port using a micro-usb cable.
I don't have my Mavic yet, who knows I might someday get the one I have ordered.
Have you tried this, I have heard that it works from 2 sources, and doesn't from a host of others.
Thanks,
Guy
:)

Reactions: RallySoob
Bulky but entirely do-able! I agree that the weak link is the remote controller battery. The battery capacity will diminish over time as well so even shorter usage times will be presented.

Reactions: NOLA-J
I definitely agree they should have made the battery replaceable. It is not easy at all if you have seen one of the controller teardown videos, makes the controller kind-of throwaway which is very unfortunate.

I definitely agree they should have made the battery replaceable. It is not easy at all if you have seen one of the controller teardown videos, makes the controller kind-of throwaway which is very unfortunate.

Not for DJI. :) Building in obsolescence has been done since the advent of man selling something to another man.

Reactions: RFaust
I can fly 10 batteries on 1 RC charge. I use a iPad mini. I know android phones r charging and reducing RC battery life. When working properly the RC is not the weak link. The number of mavic batteries I can afford is the weak link.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
What is a typical flight time for your batteries? I know the battery life diminishes in cold weather but I can only get about 3 20-22 minute flights out of my RC before it hits 30% and I feel it needs to be charged.

What is a typical flight time for your batteries? I know the battery life diminishes in cold weather but I can only get about 3 20-22 minute flights out of my RC before it hits 30% and I feel it needs to be charged.

I have not payed super close attention to exact numbers yet, but while flying 2 batteries, before I got my other 2, in -10C conditions I would never see the RC charge below 80% when I was finished with the 2 batteries. I was only running them down to about 40% though to be on the safe side with the temperature. That was using an iphone 6S plus in the RC

Yeah, running a 5S here. After going through all three of my batteries, which is to say running them down to 20% or so, I still had 69% on my controller. My iphone, not so much...

I run them down to 30%. So my guess is around 18-20 mins per battery. I love sport mode so less flight time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: chazzm
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO