DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We are limited by our controller!!!

I'm not sure if this is all Android phones or not, but in all I've had, you can turn the USB charging off in your phone settings when connected to devices like the controller.

I can't say I've ever seen this on my S4 and I've got developer options turned on as well. Where is it?

I have to add, this is one of the oddest, but interesting discussions to date, also amazes me how many people have been misinformed about things. I blame FAKE NEWS!!!

Did u put a hand warmer on ur phone to prevent interuptions?

Because my iphone 6s plus is freaking out in cold weather. It will have plenty of battery life then all of the sudden go down to 1% battery life and die. I restart it and the process repeats itself randomly/sparaticaly ... if i use hand warmer taped to phone this will stop right

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I did you a hand warmer that time when going through all 4 batteries. I can usually go through a couple batteries without a warmer at the same temperature but haven't tried more than a couple flights.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you turn USB charging off does that leave wireless charging enabled on phones that have it (most that are made in last 2 years, at least android)? If so then you could disable USB and just use a wireless charger to charge your phone.

If you turn USB charging off does that leave wireless charging enabled on phones that have it (most that are made in last 2 years, at least android)? If so then you could disable USB and just use a wireless charger to charge your phone.
That I don't know, my phone doesn't have wireless charging.

I got to fly my mavic for the first time today. I simply put my recharge tank into my pocket, ran a cable to the controller, and flew. It worked great.
Guy
:)

Reactions: rajun50
For me its the iphone 6s plus - 3 batteries and the phone is at 4-8% will try an ipad next ...

With regards to controller - has anyone disassembled the controller uet to see if the battery can be replaced or is this a send away and be extorted by dji again??

I got to fly my mavic for the first time today. I simply put my recharge tank into my pocket, ran a cable to the controller, and flew. It worked great.
Guy
:)

I think that's the best way to do it. Attaching the battery pack to the controller or iPad or whatever just makes the setup too heavy.

I repeatedly have flown through 6 batteries with 15-18% battery left on my RC. I also fly with an iPad mini 4 so no issues with the RC charging it while in use like Android users have noted. iPad mini 4 also does fine with 30% left.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

fba57a913b3eca0225b74c24bd5c7e2c.jpg
d10c5128d907db958b71ada60d1f46bd.jpg
e1260711430c57180945ac4469ee516c.jpg
c658282ca451c88bfa2d1a30d4bec588.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members