DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We Are Not Pilots

i think using operator it's more to indicate the person handling the operation (the actual planning and execution of a job) pilot can be better referred as the person actually controlling the drone.

terms adapt to new ages who's to say that in 50 years passenger planes will have a live pilot in the aircraft? it does not make sense to create a new term just because conditions slightly changed.

I use the word operator. Pilot, in my vernacular, is reserved for professionals who are in cockpits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When one passes the Part 107 exam, and you get your license from the FAA, you are indeed a pilot.

You won't get called a pilot from me.. I won't mind if you call yourself a pilot but I won't call you one. To each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree with the above sentiments! I dont walk around all puff chested with a pair of Top Gun Aviator sunglasses and tell people I'm a douchey pilot. Instead if the topic of hobbies comes up I ask "Do you want to see some really interesting aerial shots"

This means so much more when you WORK at Top Gun, and they do indeed walk around puffy chested with mirrored aviators to boot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo