DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block.

xUNx DeathDrone

Reactions
I get this amber message randomly while flying: "Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block." A few things to note: GPS signal and RC signal has full bars when this message appears. I am always facing the aircraft and ensure the antennas are extended and parallel to each other. Sometimes I receive an amber message saying strong interference. I have always had control of aircraft and it responds like normal to my inputs. I have always been within line of sight and havent flown further than 900' away from me. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a potential firmware glitch? Any info would be helpful. Getting this message makes me not want to fly very far at all.

Reactions: Motamimi
277fc28315d41e242a3cf5b213aa6492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Here is a sample of when I get the message. I am currently facing the aircraft and notice the antenna position.

Move to a different flying location and see how you get on. This will rule out interference at your current location being the cause which I would suspect it the issue.

Reactions: xUNx DeathDrone
I will try and see what happens. I have only flown once at a different location and i cant remember if I got the message or not. More to follow.

This issue is being reported lately (see Losing Connection between Mavic and RC-Controller with iPhone 7Plus and others). Cause is not clear and no word from DJI at the present.

It could be the cable losing transmission quality over time. It does get a lot of abuse indeed. The fact that Mavics were flying fine and then suddenly this starts happening more frequently seem odd, and perhaps point to a physical issue, not FW related. Maybe - my opinion - but I've seen some folks getting good results by using the back USB.

Happened to me last week and I saw the MAX DIST LIMIT was ON. When I switched OFF it went back to normal and issue was gone (so far). It's worth a check anyway.

This issue is being reported lately (see Losing Connection between Mavic and RC-Controller with iPhone 7Plus and others). Cause is not clear and no word from DJI at the present.

It could be the cable losing transmission quality over time. It does get a lot of abuse indeed. The fact that Mavics were flying fine and then suddenly this starts happening more frequently seem odd, and perhaps point to a physical issue, not FW related. Maybe - my opinion - but I've seen some folks getting good results by using the back USB.

Happened to me last week and I saw the MAX DIST LIMIT was ON. When I switched OFF it went back to normal and issue was gone (so far). It's worth a check anyway.

i will have to check when i get home today, but im pretty sure i set max distance to the highest setting.

I´m using GO3 app and it´s either ON (preset at 500m) or OFF. If I´m not mistaken, I´ll check it later too.

An hour ago I did a 15 minute flight and everything was fine. The Mavic sure is a lot more "finicky" than the Phantoms, but then it´s more compact and advanced too with all the sensors and autonomous systems demanding high-power processing.

The pursue for a more beginner and consumer-friendly drone has brought more complications I guess, it has too many warnings (IMO) all the time about everything, especially when it´s pushed hard. Maybe with time and new, better FW it gets more stable and reliable.

In reference to the weak signal message, is it just the video signal its referring to or is it also the control signal?

Last edited:
It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but is the Mavic directly above you? The flat side of the antennae should be facing towards the Mavic (antennae should be laying horizontal if the mavic is directly overhead), and sitting vertically if the Mavic is on the horizontal plane to you.

If your antennae are pointing towards it correctly then there must be something else interfering. I've certainly never had this message before.

I verified that max distance was on, the quad was not directly over me and the antennas were facing the proper direction. the antennas only rotate one way

i received this message today too. Nothing more on it? Happened where i always fly. A couple factors.... received message after recalibrating optical sensors bc of downward sensor error message, software update of iPhone 5s... yeh its a 5s but never had a problem. Always fly in airplane mode with all other apps shut down.

Well i flew at a different location today, not a single weak signal message. Came home and tried to fly in the yard again and got the same message. decided to unplug the wifi router in the house and then i put my phone in airplane and still within a minute or so after takeoff ingot the weak signal message. it must just be the location.... wish i knew exactly what was interfering.

Well i flew at a different location today, not a single weak signal message. Came home and tried to fly in the yard again and got the same message. decided to unplug the wifi router in the house and then i put my phone in airplane and still within a minute or so after takeoff ingot the weak signal message. it must just be the location.... wish i knew exactly what was interfering.

Did you do any calibrations? I'm wondering what the affects of recalibrating everything will be as this problem only came up after a recalibration of the sensors. Another factor being the iPhone update.

Did you do any calibrations? I'm wondering what the affects of recalibrating everything will be as this problem only came up after a recalibration of the sensors. Another factor being the iPhone update.

i think my problem is just location. mist just be alot of interference here.

i think my problem is just location. must just be a lot of interference here.
Yep, seems like it.
You could try flying it in different directions to see if you can isolate where the interference is greatest & you could also move about yourself a bit with the RC. You be lucky and find a spot that is workable for you.

I get this amber message randomly while flying: "Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block." A few things to note: GPS signal and RC signal has full bars when this message appears. I am always facing the aircraft and ensure the antennas are extended and parallel to each other. Sometimes I receive an amber message saying strong interference. I have always had control of aircraft and it responds like normal to my inputs. I have always been within line of sight and havent flown further than 900' away from me. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a potential firmware glitch? Any info would be helpful. Getting this message makes me not want to fly very far at all.

I have the same issues and cannot pass 1700ft distance.
Do you have any solutions yet?

I have the same issues and cannot pass 1700ft distance.
Do you have any solutions yet?

i flew at a different location and flew almost 4000ft away and didnt have a single weak signal issue. i also flew again at my house but i launched from a different spot in the yard away from vehicles and the house. i got one weak signal message around 1000ft out. mist just be location. climbing higher seemed to help

Reactions: ngdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123