DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weekly Video is Up and Ready to be Critiqued

Daniel E

Reactions
A little bit of background:

Every weekend since I bought my Mavic (2 weeks ago), I've been trying to shoot a different nearby area of where I live in Oregon. The videos are only around a 1-1/2 minutes long, mainly because I shoot, edit, and publish on the same day.

I would love some criticism!

Great video Daniel! Beautiful scenery. Wished I had my Mavic when I lived in Alaska. Did you use a certain software for editing?

Reactions: Daniel E
Hi Daniel, really enjoyed your video. Very well done and professional. No criticism here. Oh, and beautiful scenery as well !

Really classy video. Loved it.

Was questioning one or two bits of the b-roll as to whether they added or not but beautifully shot and edited.

You live in a nice state, you definitely know nice spots and you have filmed them beautifully. Keeping it to a short time is also very nice because it keeps our attention. The only thing which bothered me was not too have a story linking those great shots especially you with your hand releasing the drone, the bridge ...

Really classy video. Loved it.

Was questioning one or two bits of the b-roll as to whether they added or not but beautifully shot and edited.

Hey! I'd love to answer your question, but I'm not too sure what the B-Roll is, haha

I like your short shots. Most people make very long shots that makes it boring to watch.

Thank you very much! I love the idea of quick projects, mainly because I like to shoot, edit, and publish all within the same day. I'm actually thinking about doing this on a weekly basis, so please feel free to stay updated!

You live in a nice state, you definitely know nice spots and you have filmed them beautifully. Keeping it to a short time is also very nice because it keeps our attention. The only thing which bothered me was not too have a story linking those great shots especially you with your hand releasing the drone, the bridge ...

Hey, thank you for the compliment!

As for the story of it all: at the beginning, I had this idea of the story being my typical Saturday every week, but it sort of fell through. I'm thinking of at the end of this series, I'll piece together these clips and generate a story!

Alright, thanks for the tip! Are you talking about the settings on the Mavic itself, or in editing?

I would try to get the exposure dialed-in in the Mavic as much as possible. Have you been posting your vids on a film editing forum? You may get more technical feedback than you might get on here....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica