DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weight impact of accessories

Mikeg

Reactions
I was getting concerned by the impact that all my accessories might have on the MP's flight time so I did a test – not very scientific but you might find the results interesting.
Accessories I had were legs extension, propeller guards , Gimbal globe protector, gimbal guard (yes I forgot to remove this – idiot that I am) and a trackimo gps locator.
This increased weight was from 734g to 915g - A weight increase of 25%.
With ALLof the above the accessories fitted the battery fell from 99% to 15% in 15 minutes and 22 seconds. With no accessories it fell from 99% to 15% in 21 minutes and nine seconds. A loss of 27% in battery life.
So I will not fly with propeller guards(120 g), gimbal guard(Unless I continue to be an idiot), camera/gimbal protector. The weight saving of 131 g is the equivalent of a time saving of about 18% = 210 seconds.
I will however continue to use my leg extensions (19 g) and my trackimo (34 g) which I think are a essential to protect me from unnecessary damage or flyaways.
Of course certain situations will demand that I fly with the propeller guards.
Anyway I hope this information is of some use where am I teaching my grandmothers to suck eggs.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pedro
I would venture to say that the prop guards are the culprit. Try your test with all accessories except for the guards.

I would venture to say that the prop guards are the culprit. Try your test with all accessories except for the guards.

That's effectively what I am doing (of course I have to remove the Gimbal Guard).
But I have found the prop guards have saved me especiallywhen I try out a new waypoint route in Litchi for the first time.I have learnt through bitter experience that it is all too easy to crash the drone - even the MP

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S