DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weight Lift

Cerberus

Reactions
with your Mavic..

Anyone done it? whats the max weight it can lift?

I'm thinking of stringing up some fireworks below my Mavic on CNY and fly it up for some serious fireworks..
so trying to gather data before I attempt this crazy idea next year..

:)

Rob

Reactions: Cerberus
Ouch, barely 0.9 kg of lifting power..

I don't think I can scrap my idea unless I shorten my fireworks some but that would take out much of the fun...

oh well...

Precisely what is your plan again?

Tie a string of fire crackers way way below my Mavic, light it up and send the bird flying

Saw a vid of some guys doing it using a phantom.. thought it might b a cool idea to try it myself next year..
haha...

Please dont. Or if you must, have some of the cord burn and break so it drops off

The fire crackers we have here burns all the cords... what remains will be lots of smoke, lots of sound and lots of tiny shredded red pieces of paper.. haha

I think a better use for the Mavic would be to fly high above the fireworks... I live in China. CNY fireworks are amazing. Capture the video...

Reactions: Cerberus
I think a better use for the Mavic would be to fly high above the fireworks... I live in China. CNY fireworks are amazing. Capture the video...

I plan to... after I blaze a firecracker trail up a couple meters in the air.. hehe..

I guess I'll go home and try to weigh how much the firecrackers weigh and then I'll decide from there..
shrugs..

I never said evil I said bad rep, it good to have fun but why would you attach firecracker to your drone.
With the amount of restrictions we have in place here in the U.K. One mistake will paint us all with the same brush.

Reactions: MavicMoira
Ouch, barely 0.9 kg of lifting power..

OK, then how about this: Imagine having 100 Mavics. Total lifting power about 100 kg, or around 200 pounds. Enough for the average full grown adult male.

Arrange the Mavics to fly in unison in the pattern of a 10 x 10 grid, with about a 1-foot separation between each pair of adjacent Mavics, with the whose group of Mavics under the command of a central controller. (Yeah, a lot of effort, but there is a big payoff.)

Attach 100 thin metal cables between a harness worn by yourself and each of the 100 Mavics. Rev up the motors with your central controller. Off you go! Wheee! Get enormous press coverage! Become famous as "That guy who did that amazing, crazy stunt!". Be a YouTube star! Get invited onto late night talk shows! Get invited onto Oprah! Your ticket to fame.

All you need to do is to put in the time, work, and effort. Oh, and take another mortgage on your house for about $100K to buy the 100 Mavics that this project will need.

I never said evil I said bad rep, it good to have fun but why would you attach firecracker to your drone.
With the amount of restrictions we have in place here in the U.K. One mistake will paint us all with the same brush.

I'm not in the UK so you can rest easy now

OK, then how about this: Imagine having 100 Mavics. Total lifting power about 100 kg, or around 200 pounds. Enough for the average full grown adult male.

Arrange the Mavics to fly in unison in the pattern of a 10 x 10 grid, with about a 1-foot separation between each pair of adjacent Mavics, with the whose group of Mavics under the command of a central controller. (Yeah, a lot of effort, but there is a big payoff.)

Attach 100 thin metal cables between a harness worn by yourself and each of the 100 Mavics. Rev up the motors with your central controller. Off you go! Wheee! Get enormous press coverage! Become famous as "That guy who did that amazing, crazy stunt!". Be a YouTube star! Get invited onto late night talk shows! Get invited onto Oprah! Your ticket to fame.

All you need to do is to put in the time, work, and effort. Oh, and take another mortgage on your house for about $100K to buy the 100 Mavics that this project will need.

Nah, trying to lift some flaring fireworks is good enough for me... haha.. cool idea though.. haha

It's unclear if the Mavic is still in Ground Effect, so the number could be even lower than that.

I saw another vid where a guy lifted a water bottle with around 2kg of weight to it..

it barely makes it, but it did lift.. but can hear the strain on the mavic prop trying to achieve flight..

not sure I wanna put my bird through this kind of stress..

well, I went home to weigh the firecrackers, with the box it is rough 1.3kg... could be slightly lighter without the box..
shrugs..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair